What Has Your Puppy Destroyed

kamuzz

Ohhhh it's so good to know I'm not alone ;)

So far Narla (rotti) and Keisha (dobe cross) have :

Pulled up all the retic and chewed on majority of the sprinklers.

Chewed through 5 hoses.

Stripped my MIL (we're renting her house) fruit trees, all 3 of em

Ruined her conifers.

Broke their outdoor setting that they left behind for us when they moved

Our backyard also looks like the moon, they have a designated spot to dig, but that's not good enough apparently.

The chewed through the coaxial cable which was 1.6m off the ground.

A pair of MIL $70 shoes, she had them for 1 day...not impressed

Hubby accidentally left the shed door open, so the girls pulled out two bags of concrete mix, tore them up all over the backyard, and ate some :laugh:

Destroyed their bed covers

Destroyed our rabbit hutch..the rabbit now lives in a super sized aviary that was reinforced with industrial weld mesh.

But get this, never pulled anything off the line :eek::laugh:

So somehow I have to get her trees to their former condition, but I have no idea how to do that ;)

I'll take some pics of the trees later to show ya's what I have to fix.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my 9 week old staffy pup decided that ripping out all the fur from his sheepskin rug was much more cozier than just a sheepskin rug..lol and looked like it was snowing in the loungroom..

also has just learnt to shred paper.. wonderfull !!!!.

:eek: ;) :laugh: Must have been making him itchy ;)

Sorry couldn't resist,

jls

Our Staffy cross Rotti was being "Puppy sat" by some friends while we were away. She decided to go for a swim in their (fortunately very shallow) fish pond. Chasing the fish was bad enough but why did she have to extract the large fibreglass and foam crocodile head that was floating in the pond and chew its upper jaw off? What a mess! I got to clean up and have a trip to Australia Zoo to replace it!

Got to love Staffys???

After having the mother from 6 weeks old now stupidly have kept her son as well (6 months old now). Between them they have destroyed, to name a FEW ONLY

About 40 Bonsai some 30 years old and a lot of their pots :cry:

The wiring on my dog trailer numerous times

the interior light in same trailer, jockey wheel & mud flaps. :banghead:

modem cords, several.

lamp cords, one chewed through while turned on, must have super dogs,

shoes, runners etc too many to count and only LEFT ones.

Daughters full leg brace , :rofl:

Dog mats (5 this week so far. Mother & son steal them from my other "sane" dogs beds) are fun to de-dacron all over the yard and make it look like snow

Whole floor covering from the whelping room (but there were 5 pups in that one) :rofl:

Have given up on the orchids & other flowers, they eat them too!

All the arms on the outdoor setting,

Any clothing that you leave around is for tug-of-war games

Water & food bowls, now only steel ones and they get dented.

The new White pages about 10 minutes after they arrived yesterday.

And don't walk in the yard at night, unless you know where the new holes have been dug that day, they are always where there is a shadow for some reason.

Hoses, sprinklers, toilet paper & plastic bottles were just made for dog toys, everybody knows that don't they? :angel:

The list could just go on but we love them just the same. :thumbsup:

Guest Stevie'sGreat

Stevie is now a teenager. Got home last week to find she'd spent the day on a straw broom, a plastic bucket, a pen (magnetic off the beer fridge), and dustpan and brush. Lots of little pieces of chewed up plastic around. Hope it all goes through her successfully!

She seems to have grown in 'reach' by about six inches in the last couple of weeks, can get to almost any cupboard now. Just gotta hope she doesn't learn how to open them. Or eat any of my OH's precious tennis racquets, that would be a fatal offence...

remy has grown up a bit since i first posted , hes reasonably good the obly thing he chews up is pens or pencils left around by the kids.. ohh and his fav is still shredding paper and pulling stuffing out of toys..

My boy didn't chew a bloody thing until he got to about 14 months old, now he wont leave stuff alone... he carries my stuffed toys around, sits them in little groups for tea parties and doesn't harm a hair on the head but if it's plastic and gives some resistance...

My sisters DVD remote

My sisters glasses case

My garbage bin - that was great, picked bits up, went to put them in the bin and... no... that wont work

Countless pens

Two pairs of glasses (!?! Not the lenses!)

My hairbrush

Varying knickknacks

A can of spray deoderant (mum left it down, thank Christ he didn't inhale it when he bit it, ALL aerosol cans are kept WELL out of puppy dogs reaches now)

Several jewellery cases

Worst part is I do the right thing and put things up where he can't reach them and the BLOODY CATS knock them down for him!!!

Can't resist my Simba's (Ridgey cross bitch) tally to this list.

1x packet of Nurofen tablets

1 x box of defender snail pellets

a partial denture

2x half pounds of butter (at different times)

there's also been the "bringing the outdoors inside" incident that would do one of those makeover TV shows proud - every pot plant from anywhere brought into the lounge room and turned upside down on the carpet until there was no carpet to be seen. I walked in as she was putting on the finishing touch- a garden gnome ceremoniously being deposited into the centre of it all, accompanied by a big smile & wag of the tail!! TaaDaa!

These are the main things I fretted over, I've gotten used to the rest of it by now (blocks of chocolate, loaves of bread etc)

Surprisingly she didn't need vet attention for any of this and is now nearly 12 years old

my lovely dobe harley

4 trampoline dog bed covers

2 furskin lined dog bed covers

Rockcote render on our house - back sliding door and front door

Custom made timber entry door to our house

1 single bed mattress

1 entire yard of sir walter grass

1 dry as a bone dog coat

A number of cigarettes

5 beach towels

1 dog balnket

1 small dog bed (from small puppy days)

1 large moving box full of childrens books

Every single dog toy we have purchased (except the kongs)

A number of thongs

all in just 12 months!

Edited by mojo

Our 12 month old amstaff has killed few things, and this is with us watching him 24/7 (or so we thought):

2 pairs of good shoes (our fault)

8 outdoor chairs (not whole, he just tried every pointy bit on them)

5-6 door mats

2 new jumpers and 1 pair of suit pants that fell from the clothes line in the back yard

his own dog house, again only the edges

To add: also 1 matress(guest room), that my dear OH left in the back yard to be aired

Anything else that was mistakenly lying on the ground.... Oh yes, mobile phone that I dropped without noticing it

This is just of top of my head.

This is all while his toys, kongs, bones are lying around the back yard WAITING to be shewed on....

All and all, partly our fault for not knowing that ANYTHING on the floor is HIS.... :laugh: :D :eek:

Edited by Skipy

Coda has been working his way steadily round the spa cover in that photo - all the brown viynl he can reach has been removed and he is now munching on the inner shell.

He has also chewed his way around the door to the wooden kennel.

And I think I will give up trying to find bedding for the kennels. Put a new snooza maxi in his crate that lasted oh say two hours :laugh:

He has also recently added digging holes to his to-do list. Oh goodie!

Guest Stevie'sGreat

Stevie's latest update. Yesterday she reached OH's tennis bag! Luckily it must have fallen on her in a way that made her scared of the racquets, but she raided the pockets at both ends. She chewed off the top of a bottle of sunblock and the whole backyard and house now smells of it - it's gone through her bedding and we couldn't seem to wash it off her. She chewed his water bottle. She was trying to get through a can of Aeroguard, not sure what would happen if she pierced the can because it's an aerosol, but she must have had a great time chasing it around the floor. She also pulled out lots of grips and the tape that goes with them - hopefully she hasn't eaten of then, it will be a real bugger to pull through her! FINALLY OH has put the bag up higher. Stevie's now almost taller than me so I'm not much good at putting things out of her way!

My uncle's pup -

5 "heavy duty" Kongs... in 5 weeks... lol

:p :rofl: Those big black ones?????

Wow, even our baby monster did not have the drive to go through his kong very fast (he is only 1/2 through biggest back one that we could find)....

just found this little thread... and thought i would add to it...

came home on Tuesday afternoon to find that my cattle boy (about 4 months now) had chewed thru a VB can... my other half has since thrown it out.. but i wanted to take photos since.. so i will be searching the recycle bin for it when i get home...

if it hadn't been pierced with tiny tiny holes i might have thought nothing of it... but i tell you i have been looking for 'ninja stars' in his poop ever since...

scary little man... and has a squillion toys (and a 14 year old dog ha ha) to chew on during the day... as well as bones and chewy treats...

was another lesson for the Daddydog... that you cannot leave your garage garbage can without the lid on it... rrrrrrr...

and this bit is not so interesting ... and probably done by many dogs... yesterday morning ... he cleaned out the cat litter for me... distracted for a second by another puppy needing a loo break.. and he turned into a dog that went from garlic breath to you know what breath... yucky ....

i am sure many pups have done this one... but the can was a corker... scary too cos he chewed complete pieces off it...

pxx

Do you mean to tell me that I have read through all these pages and no-one has a solution to the problem? :)

In all these years I have never had such a destructive animal. I can't trust her with anything.

It's not like she has nothing to play with, just a big box full of toys and a real Kerry as well.

Came home tonight to find the spine off my lovely Kerry book. :p Now that was on the table but it seems we can jump that high.

I'm talking a nearly 8 month old Boston here.

She has a perchant for paper and destroys anything with paper in it.

But then again one of the kitchen drawers has no wooden knob on it now, OH hasn't seen that one yet.

All the bird feeders, the plastic tubes that hold water and honey etc are also destroyed whenever possible.

It's getting to the stage she may have to go to the kennels during the day when we are at work but after losing her uncle a few months ago from a snake bite, I'm very reluctant to put her downstairs.

Any solutions that anybody may have would be gratefully received and applied. :)

The answer to all puppy related questions is crate training. They are the best thing for unsupervised puppies and the pups are very happy in them :rofl:

Cyclone Bruno has destroyed most of the dog gate that keeps him from the house. I now have reinforce railings holding the remains in place :offtopic: . After some discussion he will now leave the gate alone.

He only destroys things inside when I forget to supervise him for a second. This week it was a packet of tic tacs which made a lovely crunchy sound :rofl: .

Bruno now leaves alone anything which I saw him trying to get and asked him to leave alone. That, and constant supervision, works very well for my indoor possessions :rofl:

Bruno's assistance with my gardening :rofl: is another matter and is covered in a separate topic.

I love puppies :rofl:

this is gonna sound cliche but i swear it happened..

my dog, sammy, chewed up my entire assignment!!! and it wasnt just a small homework thing, it was a BIG, as in been working 6 months - 200 page - assignment!!!!

i was so distraught.. my mum had to take pictures so that she could prove to my teachers that my dog ate my homework...