What Has Your Puppy Destroyed

kamuzz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Bean bags x 2 and I too still find them around after 3 years

- g-strings the most expensive ones only but

But they both were too good to be true. I guess it's the 3 washing baskets full of toys that kept them away from my things best advice I can give!! TOYS TOYS AND MORE TOYS

Reading all these has reminded me of everything my Tashi has managed to destroy is the last year :p

Mobiles and remotes among them :(

But I can add one item that no-one else had mentioned :)

Tash manged to pull the fire extinguisher off the wall, remove the safety band (metal) from around it, drag it up onto the couch in the next room and did everything except actually pull the pin :eek: We had to laugh :cry: Imagine if she'd actually got the pin out :worship::o

She also took a liking to destroying plastic Chinese containers and the week after the fire extinguisher we came home to find the about 7 seven holey containers strewn around the room and the microwave balancing precariously on the edge of the dishwasher :D She had tugged on the cloth beneath the microwave to pull the containers off the shelf! :laugh: Very clever :hitself::worship:

So clever she now gets locked up in a bare room with a bone and that's IT! :p

my 9 week old staffy pup decided that ripping out all the fur from his sheepskin rug was much more cozier than just a sheepskin rug..lol and looked like it was snowing in the loungroom..

also has just learnt to shred paper.. wonderfull !!!!.

The malinois ...

pots from plants ... plastic AND ceramic :dropjaw:

various socks

a couch

several foam items so its always an off yellow christmans at my place

a few jumpers, towels and a pair of pants

the carpet in the boot of my station wagon ... well she finally finished the job recently

started on the light IN the car too but we nipped that in the bud

several leads

platic bags

newspapers

tissues

i recycled water hose

the Bordeaux

1 palm tree

1 pair of faux leather boots (cheapies THANKFULLY)

1 industrial timber pallet

1 tree branch

several plastic bottles - with or without contents and usually in my car

1 rather comfy windcheater

1 entire large single matress

rope tug toy

yes my backyard may have very little in there but with industrial sized dogs I cant trust them for an evening with anything of too much value :laugh:

roofing iron left by builders

That must have been interesting to see :laugh:

the carpet in the boot of my station wagon ... well she finally finished the job recently

started on the light IN the car too but we nipped that in the bud

No photos - would love to see photos of the dogs and the yard...

My nearly 6mth old loves to destroy pens and pencils. She manages to get the pieces into tiny tiny pieces.

She has just destroyed the little knob thing thats attatched to the end of the cord to the brand new made to order timber venitions.

Any paper she finds she will tear to piecesdragging it all around the room shes in.

Sshe loves tearing at my father in laws rug, she has teared off the stitching down the side.

When does teething finish?????

But shes gentle with her toys....

Oh and she loves to chew on dvd covers (even the rented ones and the ones we borrow from friends)

She seems to only chew my mother in laws slippers (shes on to her sixth pair.)

Tries to chew the lock in my car tries to chew my seat belts in the car and seems to love only my feet?

Edited by birgulparis

We have 2 x 7 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback males (brothers) :eek:

We bring them to the park twice a week and they play with other dogs for 1 hr or more and we walk them every other day for approx 45 mins.

So far they have destroyed :

*Every pot plant my wife has atttempted to plant

*Every plant in the ground in the back yard less than tree size

*Dug a hole in one spot which you could bury a small car in (but no where else in the yard)

*Chewed my $1000 mobile phone

*Eaten 4 pairs of my wife's shoes (surprisingly never touched mine)

*2 beds

*2 matteresses

*about 3 sprinklers

*They pull clothes off the line (that's a new one) :vomit:

*They dug a whole under the fence and one dog was trapped in the neighbours yard (his brother was keeping him on the other side of the fence - each time he popped his head to get back his brother would jump him) :clap:

*We put blocks near the fence to stop that and one month later they both dug around the blocks and got caught there again - this time to play with another dog in that yard.

*They constantly grab my wife's stockings to play tug of war

*Any clothes laying around they will just grab and run with

* One will literally keep lookout while the other jumps up and grabs food of the counter then the both run outside to share - I caught one keeping lookout and run away because he couldnt warn his brother in time so just left him :clap:

*They have a load of toys - hardly ever see them plaing with them :(

*They will lie silently until the other walks past them then they will grab the others leg and trip him over just because they are bored - this usually ends in a fight :clap:

Crazy dogs - wouldnt give them up for the world :rolleyes:

My staffy doesnt wreck her toys she has to ruin everyone elses things. She got my colarado shoes off the verandah and started chewing on them. Luckily I caught her before too much damage was done. She pulled my new sheets off the line, they were about $80.00 and they are now ruined, with teeth marks and big rips. :vomit:

Shes also pulled a pair of Calvin Klein jeans off the line, and a pair of wranglers. I went and got a new cheap pair of sheets and put them on the line while i was at home thinking she wouldnt do it while i was there, but i walked outside only to find the freshly washed sheets half buried in dirt. No teeth marks though :rolleyes:

But shes ruined my $150 joggers. IVE LEARNT MY LESSON everything is now out of harms way, or should i say the dogs!

Our 11 month old Standard Poodle eats his outdoor beds. So far he has eaten his way through

Hession trampoline bed cover, another cover for the same bed, several foam/dacron filled old couch cushions, a cot size innerspring mattress and the cover from a big cushion dog bed.

He also helps himself to the toilet paper in the outside loo, great fun unravelling that.

He has company, toys and bones to chew.

Our RR puppy who is just on 13 months old, is a master a wreaking things. Just this week alone we have lost 4 shoes, a jug, several accounts and letters, a remote control, a cd, a hat, sock, a towel, she chewed my OH's bow in half, eaten a hole in the wooden leg of my brand new couch and she put herself through the lounge room window!!

The list could on and on. I have tried to puppy proof the house but its getting near impossible - you get everything you can think of out of reach and you get home and yeap she has something.

Arghh the joy of it!!

Came home from dinner out last night to find my bedroom floor covered up in chewed up bits of paper from the bin :love::cheer::cheer: Took me half an hour to pick up all the bits and vacuum. Bruno likes my bins a a lot and undid the primary and secondary latch on the doggy gate. Last night I added a third latch :( see how long that holds him.

He looks so innocent!

post-4260-1150114869_thumb.jpg

Akira has totally dismantled our underground sprinkler system!! One by one she has pulled them all out and chewed them all up!! :mad

She must have figured mum and dad don't need these anymore with Level 5 water restrictions!! And even if they ever get pulled back to Level 4 water restrictions they still can't use them!! Why waste a perfectly good chew toy!!

• 1 month later...

Here are the things that my 3 month old puppy named Chewy has destroyed so far he is a Australian Cattle Dog X Labrador.

3 of my new leather work shoes and sport shoes.

Any piece of clothing that he can reach and that is mine, new shirts socks etc.

I went to put my bra on one morning trying to reach for the strap wondering why i couldnt close it, (Thought i was getting fat LOL) i realised that the straps behind the back had been chewed off :rofl: .

Ripped up the timber floor tiles costing us $3000 dollars to repair (eaten most of the wood as well)

Destroyed my fiances 5 speaker surround sound system cords.(now its Stereo 2 speakers :rofl: )

Ripped backing of entire couch.(hes working on the seats now ;) )

Split my stereo system speaker in half, eaten the chords and chewed the cone inside it.

Peed on fiances side of the bed 2 min before we both where

going to go to bed at 3 am. (we slept with towels instead of blankets in winter for that night)

the dog had his blanket ;/ grrrrr :D

Tried to destroy his leash (Bought him a metal one)

Ripped through cardboard box to destroy the computer wires which was stored in it.

Fiance broken his toe (Bashing foot into wall in corridor) while trying to avoid stepping on the dog.

(Dog ran between his legs while he was walking)

Destoyed any CD's he can find.

His bowl, and 2 pillows.

Also had dioreah sprayed on the wall (that one stunned us both :D )

Bites the door. Steals full cigarette packets.

2 Phone books.

Dust pan. He likes sand paper too LOL.

My fiances Terry Goodkind books.

My leather Office chair. His leather collar.

My dress belt.

Eats the metal bars that supports his dog bed.

My brush i dont have a hair brush anymore :walkdog:

Likes to eat new toilet paper and Feet Seat.

And many more soon :walkdog: