Premium Food For Maltese

Under the circumstances, I would also second the Eaglepack or the Ziwipeak. I've heard Nutro is also excellent but have not used it myself.

Sounds like the chicken and Pal :thumbsup: is working but curiously, Pal has fillers and well, she's obviously not allergic to chicken :rofl:

I'm going back to there being some sort of bowel/stomach blockage :rofl: This would not show up in a blood panel unless there was a toxin build-up in her organs (kidneys/liver). Perhaps a lazy valve in her stomach leading to her intestine or something? I'm not a vet by the way...but you say she has always been a bit chucky? This leads me to believe that it might have recently become worse - perhaps due to her age?

What's coming out the other end if she's not digesting her food? :mad

Oh, she is only vomiting once in a while. She does have normal bowel motions and normally keeps her food down just fine but she goes through flare ups??? and seems to spend a few days being sick and then is fine for say a week and then flares up. She is with me all day at work and sleeps with me and DH at night, I am sure she isn't getting into anything yucky.

Nope chicken is definitely not the problem and the pal wet food is fine with her. My boss is right now hunting around to find me Eagle pack which I think I will try out. Also, she hasn't been sick since Saturday when I first posted and seems fine right now.

I know Vet Products Direct have a link to petfooddirect.com.au on their website. And a bit of digging tells me the webmaster for petfooddirect.com.au is the same person as registered the ABN for Vet Products Direct, in Qld.

I can't find any link between Bates Pets Paradise (or its many other names) and Pet Food Direct :mad

If they are linked, they're mighty sneaky about it!

I asked a staff member at PFD and was told that a parent company owns them, PP and Warner Brothers Movie World and also are opening Coffee Shops in Aus as well. Looks like they have fingers in many pies.

Thanks, bloss :thumbsup: Do you know the name of the parent company? I always like digging for info. I'm addicted to research :mad

The parent company must be a bit like Sara Lee ... they seem to be into everything. Including pies :rofl:

Mooper, ok, I think she said World Pets but it was a couple of weeks ago. I asked if they were owned by PP and she said, no, they were owned by WP [i think] who also own the other companies. I got the impression it was sort of complicated the way they were linked.

ETA: ok, I just did some googling and found it

it's Global Pets here's a website you might be interested in

http://www.petsparadise.com.au/htmlSite/ht...e.asp?pid=10050

Edited by bloss344

she is only vomiting once in a while. She does have normal bowel motions and normally keeps her food down just fine but she goes through flare ups??? and seems to spend a few days being sick and then is fine for say a week and then flares up.

Hmmm.... :mad Got me beat! :D

Does her behaviour change when she's having those "flare-ups"? Or is she her regular happy self?

When she eats regularly (and is not sick), does she usually leave some food in the bowl? Or does she eat everything you give her in the bowl?

Is she fed only once a day? Or a couple of times? (Sorry if you've already said something about that.)

:thumbsup::rofl::rofl:

Mooper it's confused me too. I thought I had a handle on it but I've lost the research I did. :) Must have deleted history without realising...bugger. :) Anyway, I've been a Vet Products Direct customer for a few years, they have branched out into other areas (perhaps they have been bought out?) and I've not bought from it for a while (not since we moved from Melbourne last year). Used to be a loyal customer...but the organisation seems to be less about customer service and more about profits these days. :o

Anyway, I've been a Vet Products Direct customer for a few years, they have branched out into other areas (perhaps they have been bought out?) and I've not bought from it for a while (not since we moved from Melbourne last year). Used to be a loyal customer...but the organisation seems to be less about customer service and more about profits these days. :)

:eek: I don't think that Vet Products Direct is the same as the Pet Food Direct shop I went into. The place I went into had a lot of PP labeled toys and other products that PP has. They also sold Evo and CF. Vets Prod Direct online doesn't seem to sell Evo and Calif Natural which they would if they were one and the same.

Anyway, I've been a Vet Products Direct customer for a few years, they have branched out into other areas (perhaps they have been bought out?) and I've not bought from it for a while (not since we moved from Melbourne last year). Used to be a loyal customer...but the organisation seems to be less about customer service and more about profits these days. :(

:eek: I don't think that Vet Products Direct is the same as the Pet Food Direct shop I went into. The place I went into had a lot of PP labeled toys and other products that PP has. They also sold Evo and CF. Vets Prod Direct online doesn't seem to sell Evo and Calif Natural which they would if they were one and the same.

Thanks Bloss, that's what I had thought. I remember seeing PP and Pet Food Direct linked on the PP website...but that's changed, probably b/c Bates no longer want online customers to see the link between the two. I wonder why that is? :) And yep, VPD hasn't sold any of the truly high-end processed foods and I haven't seen any attempt by it to do so. So I'd say it's still safe to assume that the PP mob still own the PFD mob and then that means purchasing Innova or California Natural is out of the question...given the exclusive deal PP managed to "swindle" from the Innova folks. :)