Lost Shadow, Treasured Memories...

Guest greyhound

Guest greyhound

Our Lab passed away due to old age ( he was 14 ).

We are glad that we've had the chance to share in your joys and pain. Your constant presence has become my shadow and your departure has left me with profound saddness but most of all, the memories that I will never forget. I had been afraid...afraid of loosing you. But under the mercy of god, you have left us in peace and with love. There are still times when I pick up a piece of you stray hair and that feeling still brings me back to feeling you by my side. There are times when I wake up in the morning to find an empty bed where you had slept and snored. You were the only one who ate vegemite toast and now that smell has gone forever. I wonder to myself whether or not there will be another time when I need to take it off the supermarket shelf.

I hope you enjoyed your last Christmas as much as we did. I hope your sudden departure has been the perfect timing as your world had always been perfect. I remember the day we brought you home as a 2 months old puppy and you didn't think that you'd ever survive the seperation anxiety. Well....guess what...you didn't think you'd survive my decipline either but you did. You stood strong for us throughout the worst times. Now it is my turn to suffer the seperation anxiety. I don't think I'll ever recover from it but who knows, I might as you did but then again your courage was amazing....

This is a crossroad that we all have to reach one day and I am content knowing that it was on his bed that he spent his last minutes and not in loneliness.

You have made me stronger than I have been in a long while and despite our ups and downs, I still have faith in our memories and everyone who has known you who believe, like I do, that the memories will remain as vibrant and as vivid as the magical mark you have left on people's lives..

Lena

Lena

Your written tribute to your adored friend is one of the nicest memoirs Ive ever read...

It made me feel the rejoicing that you found...from having known him.

The sad tears somewhat turn to joy...

Thanks & Thinking of You

Kind Regards

Sue

Guest greyhound

My sincere gratitude goes out to all your heart-felt reflections.

My heart goes out to all those who have posted on the Rainbow Bridge....I know and feel the pain and sorrow. Never would I have thought how hard it would be but yet again I realise that " you never know how much something means to you until you loose it".

Jackson is now placed peacefully in a pet cemetry with all the other beloved dogs whos owners had cried over their loss.

" The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart". May these words travel with you as far as you journey Jackson. May you feel loved in knowing that you were and will always be one of those beautiful treasures in this world...

Thanks again for all your support.

Lena