Lucky - R.i.p Over The Bridge

wagsalot

I had to get my aunty's cat Lucky pts earlier on tonight.

He had a urinary tract infection amongst a few other things and went downhill very quickly today.

He was around 10 years old and was diabetic. We were advised, and also thought it would be best to send him over the bridge to be free of pain.

He will be sadly missed and we won't forget him.

luck.jpg

Lucky helping us celebrate my birthday on Sunday night.

luck2.jpg

I had to get my aunty's cat Lucky pts earlier on tonight.

He had a urinary tract infection amongst a few other things and went downhill very quickly today.

He was around 10 years old and was diabetic. We were advised, and also thought it would be best to send him over the bridge to be free of pain.

He will be sadly missed and we won't forget him.

luck.jpg

Lucky helping us celebrate my birthday on Sunday night.

luck2.jpg

hello there,

I just read your thread and I am sad too at your loss but tonight i too had to put my dear girl to sleep...she had a lump in her bladder and there was blood in her urine. she showed no other symptoms other than the vet finding it tonight because last thursday I knocked her over with the car and she took off only to come home tonight seemly only shook up but I took her to the vet and that is when he found the problem...so maybe she knew and that is why she came home. he reckons that she has had it for ages and that she would have been in pain also. :) i honestly did not know that there was anything wrong with her as she seemed happy and content, but then cats are tuff creatures arnt they and if only they could talk :eek:

lone-silverwolf - sorry to hear about your loss.

Its so hard to know that they are in pain, yet have no way of really telling you.

I felt awlful that I hadnt picked it up earlier, but the vet said what Lucky had happened really quickly and there was nothing that could of been done.

I thought Lucky was about 10, but my cousin who orginally adopted Lucky from the RSPCA said he would of been closer to 14. So he did very well considering he had diabetes.

Its really difficult going out in the morning and him not being there waiting for breakfast.

I havent moved his bowl yet...I havent had the courage to do it, so its still sitting next to the door.

lone-silverwolf - sorry to hear about your loss.

Its so hard to know that they are in pain, yet have no way of really telling you.

I felt awlful that I hadnt picked it up earlier, but the vet said what Lucky had happened really quickly and there was nothing that could of been done.

I thought Lucky was about 10, but my cousin who orginally adopted Lucky from the RSPCA said he would of been closer to 14. So he did very well considering he had diabetes.

Its really difficult going out in the morning and him not being there waiting for breakfast.

I havent moved his bowl yet...I havent had the courage to do it, so its still sitting next to the door.

wagsalot I know what you mean,

I keep looking out of the kitchen wndow expecting to see her sitting on the outside asking to come in and I can even hear her 'meow' in my head...I woke up this morning to a sunny day and looked out of the window to say a final 'farewell' as she will not get to lie out in the sun anymore like she use to do...My 4yr old even wrote her a message last night saying that he missed her and that he loved her, thankfully we still have her 2 boys with us.

I do hope that your heart mends soon over your loss, but we never forget do we :rofl: keep in touch :shrug:

post-11148-1150675149_thumb.jpg

R.I.P. Lucky. :rofl: What a beautiful boy.

My Garfield and Annie-Anne will show you to the cat section of the bridge but would you please remind them to pop over to the dog section and welcome Pepper? She's just arrived.

Warn Pepper first though, as she's had a few wacks on the nose from Garfield in the past.

Take care Wagsalot. He would have been lucky to be a member of your family I'm sure. :laugh: