My Darling Roo

kozpink

Haveing a hard time excepting that youv'e gone from us my darling Roo its been a week today and it seams to be getting harder to be without you I miss touching you, smelling you and hearing your footsteps

can anybody please help, does anybody know any good pet greif councilers

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is never easy, I put my childhood friend my dear cat to sleep over 2 years ago. We had lost pets before but having to make the choice to end her life was the hardest that I have ever done. (I have tears in my eyes typing) In away I was lucky, she had cancer so I had time to plan what I wanted to do but at the same time I was so scared that I would not cope. I found lots of great books on I think it was amazon.com and ordered them (When only The love remains by Emily Stuparyk or Goodbye, Dear friend by V Ironside). If you google pet grief you will find lots of great sites that do help. To me what helped is you need to find your own way to say good bye. I wrote my girl a letter thanking her for all the great times and help when i was growing up, she was cremated with this letter, a photo of her and I and a small cross. For weeks the box with her ashes sat on my bedside table and I kissed her good night still every night, she had fresh flowers every day. Something that I had planned to do but never did was make up a sort of scrap book about her. Her name was Whiskers but she had her little pet names as such, my nephew called her bickie and her fav food of all time was chocolate. These are things that I never want to forget. I have a print of her paw and plan to get a tattoo done of it. These are just some of my things but if they will help you then please use them.

I know that my girl will always be with me, I may not see her but i still talk to her. It did take me along time to feel her there.

If you are into alternate type things try an animal communicator. You can find one on www.greenpet.com.au or at least a link to one. You can then talk to your Roo. Even look at a book called The Daisy Sutra.

One last thing that helped me was a dear little ginger kitten that did belong to a young girl across the road from out house that decided to move house. I worked out that he would have been born around the same time that my dear girl crossed over. He will never fill the gap that she left but I see a lot of her in him. He is hogging most of the chair that I am sitting on.

Just know that you are not alone in your grief, it helps to talk and just because it is an animal you have the right to still remember her how you want, grieve how you would like and say good bye in your own way.

Thankyou Sezy for all the info sorry to upset you about your dear friend whiskers and yes I know i'm not the only person who has lost a special heart pet, i keep telling myself that, just finding it realy hard to come to terms with not going to see her again, it was unexpected, was told it was not life threatning, we have more dogs in our care but thay are nothing like our darling queen Roo

sorry i'm rambeling now thanks again for all the advice

Don't be sorry. I will still often shed a tear when I think of Whiskers. I miss her but I was lucky to have loved her and been loved. Pets are very wonderful things and every so often there is a special one, I was lucky to have grown up with one and it sounds like you have been lucky also.

You can ramble all you like. hehe I know that I love telling stories about my babies. Even if they are gone they will never be forgotten.

So what was your roo like?

She was so special with a sweet but sometimes stubbern nature she would always except new furry friends & loved to cuddle up with me in bed, loved a belly rub and loved her food, she would hop around the house werever i would go

We were lucky to ever meet our darling Roo (Roosie) saw her get hit by a car one night, the car didn't stop, I ran back to her she was in the middle of the road didn't even look like she had any life in her, I cuddled her as she went into shock she pulled through, on the way to the vet she gave me her first kiss, I will always tresure this memory.

She had her front leg amputated so I was her crutch she went everywhere with us, we had her for almost 3yrs not long enough but such an impact the vet thinks she would be about 8

Got her wings way to soon

I see her in my dreams I see her in my thoughts soooo hard to let her go :eek:

would post a photo but can't look at them yet it hurts to much (big lump in throat) still have candle burning on her spot in garden

my husband does this for me as I can't bear to go outside

thanks again for all of your sugestions and for your time

will post a photo when I can handle seeing her photo again

Hi yes Sezy anyone that meet our sweet Roo always said how lovely she is

she touched many hearts, all my family loved her

Have had lots of pets before, but none like our sweet queen Roo :rofl:

Thanks Sezy

I'm sorry for your loss :thumbsup:

I think a counsellor is a good idea.

Make a special album for Roo with photos and notes of all her special little ways.

It takes time, even though now it seems unbearable, gradually each week it will get a little less painful until one day in the future you will be able to think about her and remember the good times without feeling so sad.

Thanks for your thoughts Cloud

We have heaps of photos of our Roo, so when were ready, the albums a great idea, it will be hard to do but a nice thing to have.

Just trying to keep busy now with our other doggies. :thumbsup:

Hi there Sezy

Thankyou it means so much to me you asking.

I'm up and down with my emotions, can talk about her more now (there goes the lump in my throat again) still hard when I go to bed at night, I'm used to touching her as a go to sleep.

Did have one of my best days today, we rescued a lab boy from renbury, will only have him for a few days, till hes re-homed on the weekend but we do feel good being able to help him out, he's my therapy dog :rofl: .

Did get woken up today with one of my foster dogs coughing, and my first thoughts were, is Roo Ok :laugh: then back to reality :D

Still see her in my dreams, and still have candle burning for our sweet Roo.

Maybe I'll get my OH to send you a photo, so you can see how sweet she looks?

Thanks again

Jodie (Pink)

When you are ready send a pic. I have tried to attach one of Whiskers but it did not work for some reason. I might try again, nope did not work the file is too big. Will have to find a smaller file and try again another day.

I’m not much help to you Jodie.

My thread is the previous one about my Pepper girl.

I went to bed tonight but couldn’t sleep thinking about her so got up and checked the bridge forum to see if someone else was going through the same thing.

I fed all the others tonight and then wondered why I had a bowl of food left over. :rofl:

Be brave for Roo. I’ll be thinking of you. It’s bloody awful isn’t it and just not fair. :laugh:

Can't beleive your not comming back my sweet darling Roo.

We didn't have you for long enough, but when is it ever enough.

Your got such a special soul darling Roo, please help mummy and daddy

through this, missing you so much :rofl: , always on my mind, wish you were

here on my lap, going to go now and give Honey a big cuddle, she misses

you to ;)

I don’t know how to say this

Not even sure if I should

But I know in my heart

If I had a chance I would

I wanna say I’m sorry

If I ever did you wrong

I wanna say I’ve missed

And loved you all along

Words will never explain

How much it hurt when you left

I don’t know how else to say it

You were the absolute best

You were always there to listen

And some how never wrong

You never had a bad word

And were always so damn strong

I wish I had spent more time with you

Pointless as this now

I want you to know how I really feel

Ill tell you someday some how

I’m scared you’ll never know

Just how great a pet you really are

You may be out of reach now

But you’ll never be too far

Ill never get to hug you

Or be the owner you deserve

Ill make you proud and just like yours,

A memory to be preserved.

This was written by a 16 year old girl that I know, some sweet words I thought may help.

This is my beautiful girl. It has been 2 years and 4 months since we said our good byes but she will always stay in my thoughts and my heart. I was blessed to have loved her and been loved by her.

post-11094-1151240996_thumb.jpgpost-11094-1151240968_thumb.jpg[a

tachment=42544:attachment]

post-11094-1151241026_thumb.jpg