My Pet Peeve

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread Hijack,

Hey Erny I had a lady ask me at training how to get her 7month old BCx to stop digging holes. I suggested the usual things and told her to put some dog-doo in the holes.

The next week she told me that it worked a treat but now the dog is pulling washing off the line.......whoops. :rolleyes:

Hey Erny I had a lady ask me at training how to get her 7month old BCx to stop digging holes. I suggested the usual things and told her to put some dog-doo in the holes.

The next week she told me that it worked a treat but now the dog is pulling washing off the line.......whoops. :D

:rolleyes: The owner needs to look into the "cause" of the problem? If you only put a bandaid on the symptom, and don't address the cause, the behaviour is likely to manifest itself in other ways.

Perhaps this is a boredom issue?

Could be a separation anxiety/anxiety issue?

Could be an attention seeking issue?

etc.

HR:

Tell her to put poo on her washing!

How creative! ;)

Also the gas delivery man does not come until tomorrow, LOL.

But don't your dogs drive away the gas man :rolleyes: ;) :D :p

No, that was the electric meter reader. :rofl: Its not my dogs fault, he started running when he saw the dogs. Should not have been wearing strange clothing or a helmet either. I did apologise,(as I was expecting a friend over,) but he kept shouting at me - you set your dogs on me, you set your dogs on me. As if my dogs would bite. In his dreams!!!

I felt terrible. Poor man did seem frightened. He has visited again, and we have made our peace.

I still feel people are after a quick fix. Anyone for take away tonight? LOL. My dogs come first before cooking a meal for my husband LOL. I have strange priorities.

Husband first, then dog :confused:

But, but, but............I have an excuse. My husband prefers take away. He is a fuss pot, when it comes to meals, obviously not as fussy when it comes to his wife selection. PLEASE believe me!!!!!!!

Also the gas delivery man does not come until tomorrow, LOL.

You should have your toys taken away from you for that naughty behaviour :confused:

Herr R,

You shamed me, so I have cooked dinner for the THIRD TIME on consecutive nights. LOL. Forget the toys, can I have a medal? :laugh:

K9 a photo. Um.......oh........err.........oh..........um............???

What I found interesting, just in case if anyone is interested, when a dog is in drive, their pain level thresholds are amazing. They virtually feel no pain. I have accidently stood on a tail, foot and had no idea that " the lump" under my foot was part of my dogs body. Eeeck.

K9 a photo. Um.......oh........err.........oh..........um............???

What I found interesting, just in case if anyone is interested, when a dog is in drive, their pain level thresholds are amazing.

Drive blocks pain. A survival trait. Can you otherwise imagine the rotten survival rate when wolf gets a little knock while he's trying to take down prey?

What I found interesting, just in case if anyone is interested, when a dog is in drive, their pain level thresholds are amazing.

Drive blocks pain. A survival trait. Can you otherwise imagine the rotten survival rate when wolf gets a little knock while he's trying to take down prey?

Hey, I understood you, with the first reply. :confused: Sorry its Friday night. Happy hour is on.

Still amazing!!!!!!!!!! I accidently hurt my dogs from time to time.

Hey! Another "pet peeve" ...... and that is, a SERIOUS lack of common sense.

Behaviour problem posed to Erny: My dog (points to SWF at end of lead) is humping my other dog at home.

Erny asks: What sex is this dog (points to SWF at end of lead)?

Answer: Male

Erny asks: Desexed?

Answer: No

Erny asks: What sex is other dog at home?

Answer: Female

Erny asks: Desexed?

Answer: No

Duh :confused:

here is a question you could ask the owner.

"Were your parents brother and sister by any chance?"

:laugh::laugh::):rofl:

Sad part is, HR .... the same scenario has occurred on more than two occasions. ...... Not the "sister/brother" thing (although you never know :confused: :confused:) but the undesexed male/female thing and the behaviours (and results :rofl:) that come from that.

How on earth do you keep a look of disbelief off your face? I'm not expecting tooooooo much, am I?

Edited by Erny