Gardening Assistance

BrunoBella

This morning cyclone bruno pulled one of my plants out by the root :thumbsup: shook the dirt off. Dug a big hole and buried the plant roots up :happydance::thumbsup:

He has also beheaded numerous plants and broken stems off my bigger plants :cheer: . He and Bella both lie beside my plants and chew on the stems :cheer:

That's not to mention the mulch which has been moved to other parts of the garden :cheer: As of today, I have an electric fence around my garden and I am going to try and resucitate it :cheer:

What has your puppy done?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing lol

My Shar Pei do not dig, they may get dirty ha

But Otto (boston x Pug) is another story, he ate OH's 15 year old Bonsai lemon tree the other day. OH still is not talking to him lol

Lots of holes, ready for when i want to put plants in. They also worry about safety and have made sure all of my pots are now nice and light to pick up with no plants in them!!!! And any that are not plastic they have made nice and small. They also worry about water, now that we all have to watch what we use and I only have 4 plants left!!!

Lots of holes, ready for when i want to put plants in. They also worry about safety and have made sure all of my pots are now nice and light to pick up with no plants in them!!!! And any that are not plastic they have made nice and small. They also worry about water, now that we all have to watch what we use and I only have 4 plants left!!!

:thumbsup::happydance::thumbsup::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

I feel so much better Sezy knowing that I'm not the only one

Dont worry Bellasperson, they are born keen gardeners :thumbsup: . It is more a puppy thing though and will not last. I can send you replacement plants if you need. I have two labradors and propogate plants. Not a good mix and I had to fence the dogs off from the plants. Now they are a bit older (3 and 5 years old) they are not doing any damage. Took a while and a lot of patience :happydance:

Just check out your plants to find which are poisonous, especially to dogs. It's quite suprising. Just google it or the library should have a few books.

You have to be careful with the type of fertiliser used. No blood and bone!

When I had a curly I came hom from work to find 1 acre of underground reticulation pipe pulled up and chewed into 4-5cm bits. Looked like black confetti over the yard. We had to take her for x-rays because I thought she may have swallowed some pipe or sprinkler heads. Luckily she didn't but the garden to ages to recover.

Labsmum what do you mean it will not last :happydance: my youngest 3 years having had a litter last Oct has now reverted to her previous ways. We have some young lettuce plants in planters on our deck and she has very kindly brought three inside in the last week. :thumbsup:

She will also bring in pieces of scoria.

My lab cross as a puppy ate all my ex's chilli plants! A little unit looked really funny with the mass of plants at the front as it was the only safe place from her. Now 2 of the plants that i saved from her have now been done by Carter. I am just scanning some photo's now!!!!

It's my own silly fault. I had Bella trained to not damage my plants (she's 2.5) and then decided I needed another puppy :thumbsup: I will need some new plants. Are you in Canberra labsmum?

Good idea about checking for poisonous plants. I started my garden from scratch about 4 years ago so all my plants are dog and allergy friendly. I did a lot of research before I decided which ones to get and I use dog friendly fertiliser as well.

I have also lost various lots of watering system. Bella liked to pull the whole lot up and chew all the expensive bits. I hand watered until Bella was old enough not to dig them up anymore and now Bruno is doing it. I have learned from a few other dolers about electric fences and so have blocked off my largest garden bed which has a watering system. The dogs are surviving happily without access to this :thumbsup: except they had to find another toilet area. Bella put on her very disgusted face :happydance:

Now I can go and nurture the plants that have been only half killed :cheer:

hehehe Cally had grown out of it too, then I added Carter. Poor plants have no chance now!

Cally helping to pot plants!

post-11094-1153616472_thumb.jpg

Can you see the grass, it was there at one stage!

post-11094-1153616575_thumb.jpg

These were all taken 3 years ago, I am still to get a pic of Carter helping!

Edited by Sezy

Our next door neighbour has palms right against out fence and some of their palm leaves hang over the fence. One time when my brothers dog was over she ripped GREEN palm leaves off his tree, not the brown ones that are ready to fall off, the green ones that are still attached! I have no idea how she didnt cut her mouth. My dog on the other hand, I don't think he has ever pulled anything out apart from running through it to bark at a dog walking past or something. Except I do remember when he was younger and mum would be pulling weeds out he used to pick them out and shake them in his mouth, was quite funning having dirt flying everywhere!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Tiggy

Sophie also loves to garden :thumbsup: ! She likes to pull out the new trees(they get in her way when she's doing zoomies around the yard), pulls up the garden lights and chews up those plastic things that go around the sprinklers. I now use the 'Keep of my garden' spray which works but now she finds other things to wreck like the mats and the dogs bedding. She's only 8 months so I think it's normal behaviour.

Bruno prefers green branches and leaves as well :thumbsup::happydance:

I forgot about the six garden lights :cheer: all my plant pots :cheer: and the water sprayer that I very occassionally sprayed him with when he wouldn't leave something alone :)

Also the multiple holes in my soft new topsoil which are actually easier to fix.

I did some gardening today and found that Bruno loves the leafblower - he stands 5 metres in front and jumps around in the leaves :thumbsup: . Also found how easy it is to garden without someone trying to help you trim the plants :cheer:

Neither of the dogs are the least bit interested in helping me pick up dog poo :cheer::cheer:

:thumbsup: I'd asked an received a bonsai from my mother in law as a present. I got over keen, an gave it a nasty hair cut, so much so, it started to go toes up and turn brown. ( keen to learn about bonsai prunning)

In desperation, I nurture it, and placed it on the outside table,to get sunlight. Whilst, not getting a chance to walk my girl that week.

Should have known better than leave the bonsai in the back yard.

Vengeful pup, jumped up onto table and retrieved the bonsai.

When I arrived home, the bonsai, had been ripped in two. Half dumped at the back door, the other half spat out at the back gate.

Needless to say, my mother in law wasn't happy about the treatment of an expensive gift. Ashamed big time. While angelic pup, wondered what the fuss was about??? :happydance::thumbsup::cheer:

jls

We started moving into our new house yesterday. had to remove 4 whole trees because we found they were poisonous to dogs.

after we had stripped the backyard, we found douglas eating the decorative gravel the last owners had in the garden. thats right, he was eating ROCKS.

they must look like kibble. i can guarantee they wont FEEL like kibble when the come out the other end.

think we are going to have to remove the gravel as well as the trees. :thumbsup: bit worried we will end up with a desert.

lol, llovingt he gardening stories.. keep em coming..

my kids arent that keen gardeners..lol altho remy does like to prune the rose bushes,, out of all the plants? roses have prickles.. ouch!!!!

he does also like to catch the weeds as i pull them out and take them inside to shake the dirt of them, and retrieve big pieces of bark or sticks to bring inside to crunch up into millions of pieces,, this is best done when i have just vacumed of course..