Update On Electra

GLAMACHIC

hi everyone,

just saying hi and letting you all know how electra is going. she is such a playful little character.

she loooooooooooooves to snuggle and snooze with us, oh and she loooooooooves to chew on

absolutely everything she can get her mouth around!

we took her to the vet last night for her second vaccination

she was such a good girl...she has been a very good girl actually...hangs onto her

piddle/poo so that when she can go outside she will do it...she does have the odd accident

but she knows that she has done a bad thing coz she looks at you with her head down and those

cute puppy dog eyes...hehe...how can u punish that!

we are going to puppy school in 2 weeks at our vet...cant wait!!

he said i should also feed her 80% of kibble for another 2 or so months...

one thing that i did ask the vet was about the cooked/raw meat thing

he said that raw meat tends to carry salmonela/bacteria more than cooked meat..so its better to

cook the meat and feed it rather than giving raw meat....

any feedback?

if you buy good quality meat and treat it like you would your own food (refrigerate straight away, dont leave out on the bench, dont feed bad smelling meat) then there wont be a problem. Every dog we ever had got raw meat from puppyhood without a problem but we never fed dodgy food.

I only feed raw, and have done since Eddie was 8 weeks

We freeze the meat and thaw it before feeding and that gets rid of many of the problems with bad raw meat

Good to hear she is doing well

Which vet is it? I used to live in Glen Wav and now in Mt Wav so am close to you!

Edited by shoemonster

I was wondering why someone was talking about me in the "puppy" section :confused:

Anyways, more seriously: dogs also have a more acidic digestive tract than humans. Which means they can cope better with the bacteria present in raw food.

There's been quite a few threads in the Health forum regarding raw feeding. Have a search for them, they're quite interesting.

electrawoman...hehe thats funni...is that your name? or is it ur pets? i love that name ... i always said which ever comes first the dog or the baby will be named that..so the doggy got it..hehehe

shoemonster... we own a little indian ringneck parrot which we take to an avian vet down past mount waverley at the end of huntingale road i think its highbury road u just turn left and its right there.. because it was a bit far for us to take our doggy there too, we were told that the stud park vet hospital is really really good, so we gave that a go and the vet there was fantastic, a nice man!!

so i think thats where we will be going now stud park vet in rowville, not too far from us and that bumper to bumper traffic moves!!

with regards to nekhbets reply, i only buy her premium meat, the kind that we eat ourselves. i wouldnt want to eat any other meat myself so my doggy gets the best too, well she is part of the family, she is our little baby! well for now, til we have babies of our own..hehe .. she loooooves rice and mince, its like chow mein without all the spices..hehe and its raw...thats so funni.

electra has learnt where to pee now, so all you guys were right..patience, something i dont have much of (im a taurus), but thanks to my beautiful hubbie (hes a pisces) he has plenty of it and helps me to cope too with things.

we also bought electra a new little hut thing, a soft little house she can stay in while we are at work which is only 3 days a week, i am home the other 2 and she comes with me wherever i go...

thought u guys might want to know..thanks for listening and giving me pointers...