Is It Normal ...

GLAMACHIC

Most of the puppies I have owned have done this, it's only a problem if the puppy is inclined to swallow large stones as there is a slight possibility that these may become lodged somewhere in the gastrointestinal tract. I think it's a combination of curiosity, the urge to chew on everything and anything and the fact that they like the taste of the dirt. Don't worry she will grow out of it, however they will still occasionally do this even as adults, usually when the soil is damp after rain.

LOL you're looking at it from a human point of view and she's a dog, dogs do lots of things that humans consider repulsive like eating poo (their own, other dogs and as a special treat, the best of all, CAT :rolleyes: ), licking dirty nappies, rolling in anything dead or rotten, doesn't really matter as long as it stinks, sniffing and licking other dogs' private parts.........the list is endless ;)

It won't hurt her teeth or gums unless she actually starts chewing and breaking up stones, this may damage the enamel on her teeth. But as I said she'll grow out of it, it's just one of those things that puppies do :mad

Oooh, my new puppy does this too! He chews on grass, but never swallows it...spits it out, or tries to, it's funny to watch him try and get the grass out of his mouth afterwards! :rolleyes:

He likes eating dirt too...he'll dig a little hole and eat the dirt in there.... ;) dogs

LOL you're looking at it from a human point of view and she's a dog, dogs do lots of things that humans consider repulsive like eating poo (their own, other dogs and as a special treat, the best of all, CAT :rolleyes: ), licking dirty nappies, rolling in anything dead or rotten, doesn't really matter as long as it stinks, sniffing and licking other dogs' private parts.........the list is endless ;)

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

dogs are feral..haha

u make it sound so funny miranda...but its still offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff