Good General Nutitional Supplement For Barf Diet

poodlefan

Hi All,

Now that Missing Link Canine is off the market indefinitely :) , what are people using to supplement their dog's diets? I've always used a general supplement to ensure there's no nutritional gaps in my dogs diets and am not sure what to use now.

I can recall I used another powder before Missing Link but it's name escapes me - it was an Australian product based on natural ingredients.

Does anyone have suggetions..?

Edited to add - was it Power Blend?? does anyone use that anymore??

Edited by poodlefan

Guest Piximatosis

I use the GreenPet supplement... this is off the website:

(Formerly Naturpet) This is a natural food supplement suitable for DOGS AND CATS. An ideal addition to compliment a natural raw food diet. Good nutrition is essential for disease prevention and optimum health. Contains — Flaxmeal, rice bran, dolomite, kelp, spirulina, green barley powder, rosehips, nettle, alfalfa, garlic and blackstrap molasses. Australian made and contains no animal ingredients and is suitable for animals with allergies.

from here

Thanks Pixi - that looks like good stuff!

I'm also checking out the Vets All Natural joint formula - its the only one of their products that isn't mostly cereal.. :)

Still hunting Power Blend too. Why isn't there a dog healthfood shop near here. :)

PF VAN also have a general nutritonal powder in addition to the joint formula, but I couldn't tell you what is in it off the top of my head.

Why is missing link missing?

Edited by haven

Haven:

PF VAN also have a general nutritonal powder in addition to the joint formula, but I couldn't tell you what is in it off the top of my head.

I saw it Haven but its full of cereal - which I don't feed. :)

Why is missing link missing?

Problems with importing it - I believe some ingredients don't pass muster anymore...

Guest Piximatosis

Generally because, depending on what is in those supplements, human and dog systems work quite differently and need different things.

We bought Missing Link only a fortnight ago, from a vendor at Maffra Kennel Club show, its not old stock because I have tried getting it from him before and he didn't have it then and also checked use by date.

As a stop gap we have been using the Human equivalent of Missing link (touch wood) no detrimental effects yet - dogs are all still walking on 4 legs. :)

Cheers Kate

I have had the human and the canine missing link side by side and read the ingredients the only difference is that the canine one had apple pulp in it. Besides that identical so I have always used the human one.

Why did it go off the market? Does any one know?

Haven:

Really, the nutritional powder? That's weird

I was looking at the "Complete Mix" which lists its ingredients as: contains a combination of mixed cereal grains (rolled oats, cracked barley, soybean meal, flax seed meal, and whole oats), dried vegetables and fruit, dried garlic, dried parsley, dried barley grass, calcium powder, yeast powder, kelp granules, lecithin granules and vitamin C powder.

Ok I checked the website, I know they used to have a product called 'Canine Nutritional Powder' but from the looks of the site I suspect it may have morphed into something called 'Health Booster'. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to click on the link to get a list of ingredients :thumbsup:

Anyway, in response to you origonal question.....I give a range of different things instead of a mixed supplement in tablet or powder form. Anything from aloe vera juice, mauka honey, chammomile, liqourice root, slippery elm powder, apple cider vinegar, eggs, fish, brewers yeast, kelp and much more. It would be slightly more convenient in a store bought supplement but i'd rather be aware of and in control of what goes in and how much/often :D

I promote and sell Greenpet nutritional supplements (I see they have been mentioned here already). I believe they are up there with the best on the market and reasonably priced. I have lots of doggie and kitty clients on their products and they do well.

I've been using the Vet's All Natural Health Booster for about 2 weeks, probably too early for a real assesment of it. But ingredients as follows for those who are interested...... dolomite, liver granules, flaxseed meal, Vit C powder, Green tea, Milk thistle extract, grape seed extract, brewers yeast, barley grass powder, kelp granules, parsley powder, ginger, lecithin granules, wheat germ, garlic powder, colostrum powder, shark cartilage powder, boron chelate, zinc chelate.

• 2 weeks later...