New Puppy!

Aussie_Pup

Hi Everyone,

I have recently bought a new puppy! Her name is Roxy and she is an Australian Terrior x Bichon Frise. I have just been doing alot of research about what to feed her. We are currently feeding her twice a day on just dry dog food - Royal Canin Puppy. But after reading so many posts I am unsure if this is what i should be feeding her. What is the best dry dog food i should be feeding her? Im leaning towards Eukanuba? Any thoughts on this type? Should I also be feeding her other food other than dry dog biscuts? I am now going to give her a raw chicken wing everyday round lunch time but was thinking of making her a meal at night time. What are your thoughts??? After alot of reading i thought of roo/chicken/beef mince with vegies and a bit of rice. should i cook it all up and mix together?? or just feed the meat raw?? Arrrrr im so confused there is sooo much info out there telling me to do so many different things hahah Anyones help would be greatly appreciated! What do you all feed your small dogs??

Thanking You so much and look forward to hearing from you :rolleyes:

Royal Canin IMO is a better brand then Eukanuba. How old is she? It would be better to break down the meals to 3 a day is she is under 6 months old. Keep the chicken wing/neck as a lunchtime meal as she can munch on it during the afternoon and a little dinner.

If you are keen on introducing raw meat/veges as a meal you can but the diet the pup is on is sufficient. Roo and beef would be a bit rich at the moment, chicken/rabbit from a butcher that doesnt use too many additives is a good idea.

Hi Everyone,

I have recently bought a new puppy! Her name is Roxy and she is an Australian Terrior x Bichon Frise. I have just been doing alot of research about what to feed her. We are currently feeding her twice a day on just dry dog food - Royal Canin Puppy. But after reading so many posts I am unsure if this is what i should be feeding her. What is the best dry dog food i should be feeding her? Im leaning towards Eukanuba? Any thoughts on this type? Should I also be feeding her other food other than dry dog biscuts? I am now going to give her a raw chicken wing everyday round lunch time but was thinking of making her a meal at night time. What are your thoughts??? After alot of reading i thought of roo/chicken/beef mince with vegies and a bit of rice. should i cook it all up and mix together?? or just feed the meat raw?? Arrrrr im so confused there is sooo much info out there telling me to do so many different things hahah Anyones help would be greatly appreciated! What do you all feed your small dogs??

Thanking You so much and look forward to hearing from you :rolleyes:

I've always believed in a little bit of the dry food, raw bones and then having some sort of home cooked meal e.g. cooked rice or pasta, mixed with raw mince and fruit and vegetables (generally I've found pumpkin, carrot, buck choi, apple or peas are pretty good). But just got to see what works for your pup. Good luck.

She is 16 weeks old (4 months) she just got her last vac today. Thank You so much for your advice! So I should just keep her on the dry dog food till maybe 6 months then introduce the other meal? Do i give the meat raw or do i cook it up and add cooked vegies and rice? Gees shes gonna eat better then me hahah

You can start introducing the cooked vege/meat mix now but in tiny amounts. See how her stomach accepts it.

I beleive meat is best raw but get good quality and store it properly.

thank you very much! I really appreciate the quick replies and advice :rolleyes:

Raw mutton is the better choice,we also never use rice or pasta

Royal canin is a great product,i did try to switch my older boy over but it didnt work but any new ones will be feed RC.

We also add tuna in oil,natural yoghurt,fish etc

Raw mutton is the better choice,we also never use rice or pasta

Royal canin is a great product,i did try to switch my older boy over but it didnt work but any new ones will be feed RC.

We also add tuna in oil,natural yoghurt,fish etc

Hey Showdog......thanks for the great tips with the tuna etc.....Just a question....why dont you use pasta or rice?? That just becasue of your dog or have you heard its bad for them??

Some dogs will do well on BARF others wont, same with kibbles. One of my dogs does OK on BARF, the other looked a mess so they are both on kibble meals with things added in like eggs, sardines in oil, fruit, vegies, meat, natural yoghurt etc.

There is nothing wrong with feeding a good quality kibble. If I could afford to feed my guys on Royal Canin they would absolutely be on that, I believe that it is a very good food.

Some dogs will do well on BARF others wont, same with kibbles. One of my dogs does OK on BARF, the other looked a mess so they are both on kibble meals with things added in like eggs, sardines in oil, fruit, vegies, meat, natural yoghurt etc.

There is nothing wrong with feeding a good quality kibble. If I could afford to feed my guys on Royal Canin they would absolutely be on that, I believe that it is a very good food.

Oh excellent! Sorry to sound uneducated but Im very new to this......what is kibbles hahah

Rice tends to make our dogs throw up & there value of a filler isnt worth it,even when we have a dog with an upset stomach we dont use rice we use pumpkin or potatoe.

Pasta is like other foods it is high in certain stuff & unless the dogs can fully utilize it it isnt much good either.