Mouth Cancer In Puppy- Confirmed

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok it has now been confirmed, it is a very aggressive form of cancer.

I am meeting with the vet & the owners on Wednesday evening to discuss what to do next.

This is just what I need right now :p

I'm really really sorry to read this SB. Such a young lively life no doubt as well :rofl:

My 14 year old cat, Toohey, was put to sleep a few months ago for the same reason.

It came out of nowhere and so quickly. I noticed her food mostly was going all over the floor instead of into her mouth and we found an angry red growth was adhering her tongue to the base of her mouth. We tried her with steroids for a few days but no effect, and the alternative of radical mouth surgery and radiotherapy was not an option at her age. I had her put to sleep a few days later when she could not eat or drink at all. So sad to keep them going when they are miserable and we are so lucky to have the option of euthanasia with our pets.

Thinking of you and the pup's family.

So sorry tohear the news Silverblue.Robert McDowell has some great information on chemotherapy and radiotherapy support should you decide to go that way. Holistic treatment can be used in combination with orthodox treatment.Thinking of you all.

Hi Silverblue

I hope this helps http://www.cancerchoices.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=Squalamax-C This may be purchase cheaper from New Zealand.

We Hope this helps http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/tf/s...tm#testimonials Its about the Transfer factor a lady, mixed the transfer factor with a little pure water and placed it on the tumour as well as giving one capsule morning and night. I'm sure the Transfer factor is sold in Australia. The story is right near the bottom on the right hand side under lymphatic cancer.

Kind Regards

Mama and Maverick

Edited by mamasgoldenboy

Went with the owners to the vets tonight.

His mass has doubled in size in a week, it is huge & gross & continually bleeds.

It is situated under his tongue, so they are saying they can remove it but alot of the bottom jaw ( 3 cm ) each side of the mass will have to come off as well.

His owners are devastated to say the least,they estimate surgery to be in the thousands $$$$$$.

I have passed on all the links everyone has sent me, however it seems to already have a hold on him, poor little Scamp

We had a toy poodle who got mouth cancer.

They couldn't operate because it was under her tongue from the join to the bottom of her mouth right back towards the back of her throat.

We medicated her and as soon as she was in pain that medication could not help we let her go.

A hard decision but the fairest.

Good luck, i truly hope that the vets can do something to help this little one.