K9 Seminar, Lysterfield, 18/11

Alpha

I was told by Steve there are areas to secure the dogs but to bring a crate anyway.

Cheers,

Corine

ETA: Oh shite, I just noticed the vacc cert for the dog I am bringing is only for the C4 not C5. I've never had to board her so the issue hasn't arisen before. Haven are you there?

Edited by fido666

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh bugger, hope it's ok for you.

I don't have a crate, was hoping to get one before tomorrow but didn't have any luck. Don't suppose anyone has a spare one?

Is Roxy crate trained? I would not recommend crating a dog who hasn't been trained to stay in one happilly.

Cheers,

Corine

Bump as I'm panicking now, don't want to drive all the way there and find out I have to take her home again :mad .

Haven if you happen to read this can you answer the query on my last post please?

Cheers,

Corine

c5 is for kennel cough aswell so if she hasnt been done then I dont think you can bring her :mad seeings as its a kennel... I know you cant even do obedience without C5

c5 is for kennel cough aswell so if she hasnt been done then I dont think you can bring her :mad seeings as its a kennel... I know you cant even do obedience without C5

I found this on the Vic Animal Aid website:-

Canine Vaccinations

In dogs, the primary diseases that are routinely vaccinated against are:

1. Parvovirus: causes potentially fatal diarrhoea, especially in pups and dogs under 2 years.

2. Distemper: causes coughing, diarrhoea and sometimes twitching, seizures, loss of balance, blindness.

3. Hepatitis: causes vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain and possibly even liver failure.

The vaccination against these three diseases is called a C3. Further protection against the components of Canine Cough is also available:

4. Parainfluenza: the viral component of Canine Cough (C3 and parainfluenza is a C4)

5. Bordatella bronchiseptica : bacterial component of the cough ( C4 and B. bronchiseptica is C5)

A C5 vaccination is the minimum requirement for most boarding kennels and is recommended for dogs mixing frequently with large numbers of dogs (eg Obedience training).

So C5 only covers the bacterial component while C4 covers the viral, I can't work out why they wouldn't have both together :mad . Now I don't know what to do!

Cheers,

Corine

Hi Corine,

C5 covers all 5 : Parvo, Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza (viral kennel cough) and Bordatella (bacterial kennel cough). So if you choose the C5 it is a much better option - covers against both viral and bacterial kennel cough. Although like the human cold and flu, there are many strains and variations out there so it is impossible to vaccinate for all of them, just the most common ones. Hope this helps! :laugh:

:laugh::eek: :D

I HAD A BALL

So much info, so much more than I anticipated which was explored in many varied facets.

I, offically, hold the record for the most geographically challenged person on EARTH, arriving a tad late :rofl: AT 1230 :rofl: after getting lost no less tha 5 times. :o

Plus having to scoot off when Steve and everyone were having a grand time with questions and such :rofl::(

Next time I'm camping out the day BEFORE!!

Thanks to Steve & Co and apologies ;) for my tardiness and early exit although it was 1830, I could have listened all night.

So sorry that you missed it Bella, it sucks to do things like that. I'm sure we all have at some stage.

My apologies for Jyra's behaviour and noises.

I think maybe I'd better send my Dad along to the next one. Just recently Jyra has become fearful of thunder and fireworks (used to be fine, so don't know what has happened). Anyway, I was out tonight and there were fireworks somewhere. Jyra was scared and climbed up onto Mum and Dad's laps where she's not normally allowed. They didn't let her stay there which is good, but my Dad decided to take Jyra outside, for a walk on the lead and there were more fireworks and Jyra pulled on the lead straight for home.

She was already scared at home, and then Dad takes her out of her comfort zone of the house! What was he thinking? I think I have a bit of an uphill battle with my parents. How can I achieve anything with Jyra when they do stupid things like that? Grr. Annoyed at Dad.

What an awesome day... Even my OH who cant sit still for 5 minutes letalone 10 hours really enjoyed it!

Everyones dogs are gorgeous, and Alpha... your boy JUST STUNNING! I just wanted to pick him up and go play with him :laugh: PJ, Jyra wasnt annoying at all!

I'm sorry Corine, I don't have access to the internet at my new place so I didn't see your posts until now :thumbsup:

Was great to see everyone there and big congrats to you Ruffles, the progress you and your OH have made with Loki in such a small amount of time is fantastic!

Who had the little red dog with the big beautiful eyes?

Thanks haven, I am shocked and amazed at Loki's progress... I was almost teary for a bit there on Saturday :thumbsup:

I'd also like to know who that little red dog is, and what breed he is? He was so well behaved from what I saw

Edited by Ruffles

Everyones dogs are gorgeous, and Alpha... your boy JUST STUNNING! I just wanted to pick him up and go play with him :D PJ, Jyra wasnt annoying at all!

:laugh::rofl: We think so too, although with so many dogs about he would have played with you ZILCH

The red dog was adorable, I know she is about two and her owner does obedience ...we chatted for a bit. I think she is a rescue :p

Jyra...Annoying :) like a welcome ray of sunshine...she's lovely. Noise? :thumbsup: what noise? :(

Who had the little red dog with the big beautiful eyes?

I believe that was Roxy's mum and the dog was Roxy. She posted on page three of this thread and her sig says that he/she is a boxer X.

Jyra...Annoying :thumbsup: like a welcome ray of sunshine...she's lovely.

A welcome ray of sunshine? What makes you think of her like that?

Jyra...Annoying :hug: like a welcome ray of sunshine...she's lovely.

Wasn't she gorgeous swimming in the dam :hug: BTW, I'd definately be giving her a bath after that!

Jyra...Annoying :hug: like a welcome ray of sunshine...she's lovely.

Wasn't she gorgeous swimming in the dam :hug: BTW, I'd definately be giving her a bath after that!

She's a water baby! I think the ducks also helped! Might see if we can give her a bath on Saturday.

Hi all,

The little red dog was my Miss Roxy. She is a Boxer cross Lab. She seemed to behave herself quite well, until she decided she didn't like the Akita..... but very well behaved up until then!!! She does get bored though when she's made to sit or drop like that. But was great when we were outside. She doesn't seem to have any issues with other dogs... but on the odd occasion we have seen a bit of snappy-ness when she's put face to face with them, but other than that she's not too bad!!!

Bec.....