K9 Seminar, Lysterfield, 18/11

Alpha

Its taken me a couple of days to recover from all the info from my private consult, Ballarat workshop and the Lysterfield seminar! Information overload - but now its settled into my brain and I have a zillion questions :hug:

I'm sorry to everyone for Indi being such a pain in the neck - I should've realised that situation would be too much for her. Would you believe dog aggression wasn't what we had our private consult for!?!? :hug: Oh well. Hopefully with some new programs in place she'll be like a new dog next time. Indi was also the worst behaved dog at the Ballarat workshop, pity there wasn't a prize for that!

Did anyone else think the Lysterfield workshop was a great addition to the information from the training in drive workshops? I found the info from Saturday build on the knowledge gained from the training in drive ones and gave an even better understanding of it all.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indi was also the worst behaved dog at the Ballarat workshop, pity there wasn't a prize for that!

Little miss fidget fart may have given Indi a run for her money on that one :hug: Been a right little sh*t since actually, guess who's currently revisiting NILIF because I've let her get away with murder over the last week :hug:

I knew I should've made the drive to Lysterfield, decided that I'd probably taken in enough info for the moment after Ballarat, and chickened out at the thought of a 7 hour drive the next day with a workshop in between. :)

K9: Thanks guys for the kind words, I had a great time & the questions asked were very thought inspiring...

Great venue, great people & great dogs, Ruffles what can I say about Lokis improvement in only a couple of days? Miraculous!

Dont back off on him now...

I'm sorry Corine, I don't have access to the internet at my new place so I didn't see your posts until now :eek:

Was great to see everyone there and big congrats to you Ruffles, the progress you and your OH have made with Loki in such a small amount of time is fantastic!

Who had the little red dog with the big beautiful eyes?

Sorry for the late reply as I have been ill since the workshop and haven't been on DOL in days OMG! It's OK Haven, we sorted that one out. I checked all the puppy shots certificates and she'd had the Bronchishield on the previous one which only has to be given once during the puppy shots according to my vet.

You probably didn't see much of her as she spent most of her time in her crate trying to bury her pig's ear in her blanket it seems. She was miss calm and sedate at the workshop, totally different to at home, I only got 2 "air snaps" from her the whole day (this is where she clacks her jaws at you without barking, she will do it several times in succession :cheer: ). Then again she had all my attention that day and wasn't competing with the other dog we have at home).

The little red dog was Roxy with Roxy's mum, very striking little dog :D .

Regards,

Corine

So sorry that you missed it Bella, it sucks to do things like that. I'm sure we all have at some stage.

My apologies for Jyra's behaviour and noises.

I think maybe I'd better send my Dad along to the next one. Just recently Jyra has become fearful of thunder and fireworks (used to be fine, so don't know what has happened). Anyway, I was out tonight and there were fireworks somewhere. Jyra was scared and climbed up onto Mum and Dad's laps where she's not normally allowed. They didn't let her stay there which is good, but my Dad decided to take Jyra outside, for a walk on the lead and there were more fireworks and Jyra pulled on the lead straight for home.

She was already scared at home, and then Dad takes her out of her comfort zone of the house! What was he thinking? I think I have a bit of an uphill battle with my parents. How can I achieve anything with Jyra when they do stupid things like that? Grr. Annoyed at Dad.

Hi PJ,

Your Dad probably meant well, my dogs will crawl in your lap if they want to go out, he may have just misread the signal. IT's amazing how many people don't understand about dogs and fireworks, some even take their dogs along to watch the show :cheer: .

Hope Jyra had a good bath after all that swimming, that water was pretty manky :eek: .

Regards,

Corine

She's a water baby! I think the ducks also helped! Might see if we can give her a bath on Saturday.

Mel looked at the water but I was worried she thought it was like our old pond and would try and drink it. What is it with dogs and gross water :rofl: ? Strangely for a dog who "religiously" stalks birds in the garden she showed little interst in the ducks but then they weren't flying around "her" yard :D .

It was a great day, so much to absorb. Thanks Steve for putting on another fantastic workshop :eek: , now to solve this - :cheer: and I'll be right :) .

Cheers,

Corine