When Couches Go Bad!

This is not really a training topic, HOWEVER this has just reinforced in my mind what good training can achieve! Case in point, my Doberman has now become a fantastic guard dog after several minutes of intense training spread out over, oh, I don't know, the last 3 months. In those 5 or 6 minutes of training that I have actually done with him, I enforced with him the neccesity of taking things into his own paws if he smells trouble.

So imagine my pride and intense releif upon arriving home to discover that he had bravely defended my home from a futon fiend!!!! The creeping couch had attempted to break into my side door to steal my wordly goods, when my very well trained Dobe, saw it and decided to launch a full attack. He grabbed the lounge, dragged it away from the door and subdued it with several full mouth bites, followed by some worrying to make sure it wasn't going to be getting up until help arrived.

I am just so proud of him!!! I will recommend this breed to anyone that has a high couch crime rate in their area, especially where lounges are known to loiter in gangs. What a great dog!! :cry::cry:

post-11947-1164265929_thumb.jpg

post-11947-1164265942_thumb.jpg

Wanted to add that the one legged teddy in submissive pose in front of my dog, was obviously the couch's accomplice and according to police was the culprit that had originally cased my place in the first place!! Don't let any teddies into your home, even if they are disguised as Telstra employees, or plumbers, or any other licensed tradesmen..................

Edited by RealityBites

:rofl: Lucky your Dobe was on guard, I would hate to think what would have happened if their had been a 3 seater as well!! :)

That one legged teddy could have been related to the collectable Teddy's on show that the (guard dog) Dobe attacked a few months back in the USA or the UK..it was on the tv!!

You just cant trust a Teddy. :cry::cry::)

Must be running in the "family" RB.... from what I uderstand your pupp is somewhat related to my Rex hence the similiarities....

About two weeks ago I have brought home a foam matress single size, excellent condition, for my ageing boy to sleep on.

Yes the intruder had to be eradicated and it has been done with the priseseness and considerable planning.

On the first day after the arrival the fabric cover had been taken off the matress, and a hole in the middle of it scratched out, in case any further intruders were hiding underneath.

Second day has seen the beginning of the desection of the intruder and has resulted in the equal division of the matress, which I actually though was a brilian idea as than two dogs could have their own separate bedding.

Over next few days Rex had taken into training Divani on what to do and Im proud to say she had got the idea really quickly.

Both half of matersses have been moved, ripped and shreded into smaller more manageable pieces.

This morning puppy was carrying a piece shaped as a guitar and the size of a jumbo jet, while Rex looked with full aproval of the efforts. Im sure he is proud of his student.

I on another hand am not so "happy" as currently there are pieces of foam absolutly everywhere in my house and yard.

RB re the story writing - I belive you should, you are good.

I have been doing a simmilar thing on my Polish dog fourm for few years and other members have encouraged me to write and I did several stories, mostly for kids, they are all published there and are basically "improved" stories form my dgos life as seen through his eyes. Amongs the fun and fantasy I included info about Australia and about responsible dog ownership etc.

They ahve become very popular and I belive some schools have used them.

(I find writing in Polish a lot easier, obviously)

I have told him to be extra wary as I have just heard that there are several Bar Stools that have just moved into the area. Apparently they have been making a nuisance of themselves on the way home from the local pubs, but my pup has been worded up and he won't be letting them get past him!!! :)