Taping Bullmastiff Ears

nikkiandkuma

Yes, we woke up a few days ago to say "oh. my God what happened to tys ears??" They were suddenly standing up but because of the size and weight of them they were flopped forward, almost covering his eyes. He look sterrible dorky.

I asked the breeder what to do and she tols me they need to be taped down. Anyone done this before? and did it work. If his ears get much bigger he won't be able to see where he is going? ;)

EDITED to say that Ty is 14 weeks old.

Edited by nikkiandkuma

Is your breeder close enough to do the taping for you? Or do they have a breeder they trust in your area that could do it?

Unfortunately not. We had Ty flown to Sydney from his breeder in Melbourne, so that is definitely not an option, the only breeder she can refer me to is 4 hours drive away, so not ideal thats for sure. I found some very helpful websites which demonstrate different taping techniques that I think I can follow. They just don't give good info about how long they need taping etc.

I wonder if I should post my question on the general dog part of the forum because other bullmastiff owners who have adults may not visit this area?? I think I will try that. :laugh:

Is your breeder close enough to do the taping for you? Or do they have a breeder they trust in your area that could do it?

Unfortunately not. We had Ty flown to Sydney from his breeder in Melbourne, so that is definitely not an option, the only breeder she can refer me to is 4 hours drive away, so not ideal thats for sure. I found some very helpful websites which demonstrate different taping techniques that I think I can follow. They just don't give good info about how long they need taping etc.

I wonder if I should post my question on the general dog part of the forum because other bullmastiff owners who have adults may not visit this area?? I think I will try that. :laugh:

This website will offer you some information - Bullmastiffs Online - Ear Taping

Get in touch with the NSW Bullmastiff Club from there you can get in touch with people who can help you with all of this.