Best Dry Food Available

Zorro_007

The super premiums as mentioned by Flycow may have a money back guarantee but NONE APART from Nutro Natural Choice (to give the product its correct name) have a specific skin and coat improvement guranatee as well.

Doesn't most of Nutro have wheat ingredients in it? I thought wheat is a known cause for a lot of allergy. I'm sure it will be obvious enough if any food shows skin improvements, there's no need for a guarantee for that. If any food is not good, it'll be thrown out straight, who will continue to feed a dog some food if there is no visible improvement with or without a paper guarantee? It's illogical.

I mean I honestly do belief it's a good food but it is on par with many foods as well, they are all good. For every super premium brand like those I mentioned, there will be hundreds or thousands of testimonies from pet dogs to show dogs who eat it and fair well in it, otherwise they wouldn't be in business for so long. It's good that dogs owners have a choice these days.

ETA: I mis-read the post and corrected some typo

Edited by flycow

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Nutro convert here as well. Have had my young Sheltie on it for a few months and have had lots of comments on her coat. I do add other things as well so could not tell you if it is the Nutro, the other food additives or the Leave in Lustre that I put on her coat that is doing the trick.

I have found it easy to keep her at a good weight on the Nutro.

My only complaint is the availability as it is widely available.

I travel to get mine ( it is pointless getting a big bag when I only have the one dog on it) which sometimes can be a pain.

I had a bag of Nutrience given to me a few years back and my guys turned their noses up at it. I have tried Proplan but I am not a fan. Fed Eukanuba for years but found that my young girl was not a fan of it. She much prefers the Nutro.

I got a trial bag of Eagle Pack at Pet Expo and I am currently using that as a bit of variation to the dogs diet. They get a tiny bit of it mixed with their respective dried food and vegie mix. They don't seem to mind this.

Guest Piximatosis
I'm sure it will be obvious enough if any food shows skin improvements, there's no need for a guarantee for that. If any food is not good, it'll be thrown out straight, who will continue to feed a dog some food if there is no visible improvement with or without a paper guarantee? It's illogical.

That's the point. Nutro GUARANTEES that it will improve your dog's skin and coat, and if it doesn't, you get your money back. So you won't just be "throwing it out"... you can return it, get the full price of the bag refunded to you, and know you haven't wasted any money.

Edited by Piximatosis

nah the other brands already covered this, it's called customer unsatisfaction guarantee, it covers everything not only coat, you can return it anytime and get a refund, don't really have to throw. The skin thing by nutro is just marketing and IMO too much of it.

Edited by flycow

I tried eagle pack and something else made by them but I can't think what it was called. It was great except that even though the dog I tried it on was very active I could only give him about 1/3 cup. Good for my pocket but not his tummy boor bugger must have felt starved.

Nutriance seems to be getting a good wrap mayby I should try that. *Sigh* to many dogs to feed not enough cash. They eat better than I do :walkdog:

Flycow, to me you seem very anti Nutro. You don't seem to want to HEAR what some of us are saying.

I am a convert.

My dogs coats are brilliant.

I have had people comment on my jrt's coat and the lustre and depth of the colour in it. I thought she had a great coat before on the science diet. WRONG. She does not lose much hair as many white dogs do, especially jrts and foxies. I wear black pants and dark tops to work adn i will cuddle her and maybe have 4 hairs on me from her. My black dogs coat is glistening. Ask Sags. I went in to get my 2nd bag of Nutro, so maybe 3months after the first, her first comment was about Mitchi's coat.

It is not over marketing, it is the truth. You get your money refunded if you are not happy with the product and it does not deliver what they have said it would. That is good business.

I bet they have had very few returns. They will never get one from me.

I stand by Nutro for my dogs and my cats and I thank Hesapandabear for getting me onto it.

ETA:

I had a foster pup that has now gone to her forever home, when i got her, her coat was brittle, her skin flaky and she was losing heaps of hair. Within one week of being on Nutro her coat was soft, skin no longer flaking and she does not shed any where near as much. Her new owners havealso got her on Nutro.

On the topic of poo - Each of my dogs do one - 2 a day. Down from 3-5 a day on science diet.

They are small and firm and easy to pickup. No loose or sloppy movements. It is awesome and the smell is so reduced even my husband will clean up after them!

Edited by Kristie

Yes I am another Nutro convert I unfortunately spoilt my boy rotten so he is a really picky eater. I was finding it really hard to put weight on him. I tried Super Coat (caused the most hideous farts ever to come out of a dog!), Science Diet, Ekunuba, Eagle...... While he still wont eat it dry I am able to mix it with a little something and he will eat it. He is on Nutro Performance as he doesn't need to eat much to get the recommended amount. I noticed immediate improvement in the size of poo's and he is slowly building size. I got mine freighted from 4 Paws at Keilor Park (mind you I am on this side of them) it cost $9 extra but they threw in a frizbie and little squish toy, so I was excited! But I also think Nutrience would be a good brand too, although I haven't tried it.

I use to feed my dogs supercoat but have since changed to Eagle Pack.

A bag of Supercoat for large breeds would cost me $37.50 and only last 6 days feeding 4 dogs ( 18kg bag).

A bag of Eagle Pack Power cost me $90 and last 4 weeks feeding 4 dogs ( 13.6kg bag).

So all up Supercoat over 4 weeks is $150, Eagle Pack is a lot cheaper in the long run with a savings of $60 a months.

My dogs look a lot healthier with small, firm stools ( not the massive cow patties they had on Supercoat).

Leanne

Kristie,

No don't mistake me, I seriously think Nutro is a good food, I have never doubt it. I have a problem with hard selling of it. It's like a miracle food. If you dog is overweight/underweight/skin problems/low energy/high energy/etc, try Nutro! It's like hello, there are other foods out there? It's like a trend, today is this, tomorrow is ABC brand and you'll see hardcore supporters come out and sing the tune again. Merry christmas.

And dogs are dogs there are no miracle foods for EVERYTHING. I've noticed the hardselling here all the time to newbies who are clueless. Of course we share our testimony but if Nutro has a suitable food for every problem, so does other brands, why BAGGED them? And FYI there are a lot of good experiences with other brands like Proplan, Eagle Pack, Royal Canin, Eukanuba, Nutrience, Innova as well, some supporters have spoken here albeit not as aggressive selling.

It's disgusting to see Nutro supporters say other brands are rubbish when the whole Nutro Max range and half the Adult Choice range have wheats in it, and so much rice. So Nutro can have a little bad stuff but other brands are rubbish? That's what is not right, it's not Nutro's fault, it is all those ridiculous testimonials that pops up that is the problem.

In summary I mean by all means support your good dog food, share your testimonials realistically and don't condemn all other foods on earth.

ETA: and Nutro is definitely still on my 'will-try' list, when one day I can find wider availability and so a more competitive price for it.

Edited by flycow

Flycow, for my dogs Nutro was like a 'miracle' food. It is the only dry food that all of mine will eat happily. Every dog is different and what works for one may not work for another. I know that I will never change from Nutro. My dogs and their coats have never been in better condition.

I have tried just about every other brand on the market from the cheapest to the dearest and not all of my dogs would eat the other foods I bought nor were they in as good a condition. I have never said that the other brands were rubbish but my dogs did not do as well on them.

I have nothing what so ever to do with Nutro. I am just a very happy convert. I don't believe that the testimonials that pop up here are rubbish as you say for any of the brands of dog food that people are happy to feed their dogs. They are only what people have actually experienced and they have nothing to gain by saying what they truely believe in.

I really can't see what your problem is and why you have targeted those that feed their dogs Nutro and not any of the other brands.

Thanks for the pm Flycow.

I also think we should be able to promote which brands we like.

I, like Norskgra, do not have anything to do with Nutro.

I just like it, well my dogs do :happydance2:

If i ever try any other food and have the same experiences you can bet your bottom dollar i will be spouting praises of them also.

Each to their own, but take as much infor in as possible so that you can make the BEST choice for your dogs.