'royal Canin' (dry Kibble) Anyone Use/used It?

NIKIJAY

Hi,

Just wondering if any dog owners/breeders have used a dry dog feed, ROYAL CANIN. :(

It is made in France and they manafacture kibble for different breeds of dogs and cover an array of specifications. eg, individual packs made for different breeds of toy dogs, puppies, junior, adult, beauty, and even a dental hygeine. They manafacture them in specific shapes to cater for the different breeds of toy togs.

I purchased this product today from a Gladstone petshop. The pet shop owner said it was widely used in Sydney, Melbourne.

I purchased the 'Beauty' one today for my Miniature Pinschers. I will let you know (in a few weeks) how it has benifited my dogs skin/coats etc. I can say that they went crazy over the smell and cleaned up every last piece of it! :thumbsup: For a dog 3-4kg, you feed 80g/day

I can't really explain it well, but if you have heard of it or have any other info on it, I would be happy to find out.

Cheers

My guys were fed exclusively on Royal Canin until we discovered Nutro a few years back and changed HOWEVER Royal Canin remains our 2nd choice and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it !! :thumbsup::(

The Royal Canine Rep in Brisbane is a friend of ours and if you PM me your contact details I can put you in contact with her for more details??? (Troy, am I allowed to do that??? if not please edit my post accordingly !! thanks )

I feed my sheltie pup (well not such a pup anymore!) on Royal Canin & he's done very well on it. He was on Advance & was doing OK, but his coat was much better on the Royal Canin once I switched him over. He was also pretty fussy, wouldnt touch the Nutro samples when I tried him on them but happily eats the RC.

Edited by MrsD

My Tibbie is fed on the 'Beauty' variety - and I definitely think it has helped his coat - we are really happy with it - the only problem is it comes in such little bags - but luckily for me the man at the produce shop orders me in enough bags to keep me going :thumbsup: I always have an extra in reserve so I dont have to feed any other dry

I have just bought a big bag of the medium junior to put the staffords on - I'm finding the poos are a tiny bit sloppier than with pro-plan but as we have only been using it for a week or so we will see how we go - I am still happy with the results so far

Edited by MissA

OUr Seeing Eye Pups are raised on Royal Canin and they do very well with it, love the taste and their skin and coats are great. Let us know how it goes for your furkids :thumbsup:

I have a litter due soon and was wondering what food to raise on...do they start on a wet food or straight onto 'wet-down dry'?

thanks

L

My boy's on Royal Canin he has the shiniest coat ever!

He wouldn't eat it for a while there and we didn't realise 'til later that it was because his teeth were coming out (edit: loosing his baby teeth and getting adult teeth that is, not some mysterious tooth loss desease!), so he didn't want kibble. ANYWAY, we changed over to a tinned version of Science Diet and he loved that HOWEVER his coat went dull until a couple of weeks after we put him back on RC. Also he used to throw up the kibble version of SD.

So... that's my experience of it lol

Edited by jelly