Fidos Oatmeal And Baking Soda Shampoo

frufru

I've tried three different oatmeal shampoos:

1. Fidos - the best smelling one i think, haven't used it for a while, but i might re try it again.

2. Avoleen - good smell, my vet recommend it

3. Epi-Soothe S by Virbac -only a mild smell, but the best result for the itchiness i think. either that or it was a coincidence. i use this one at the moment with the Resisoothe leave in conditioner.

I use this product and I think it is FANTASTIC!

My Staffy, Abby, had Demodex when we adopted her. She was treated for it and it eventually cleared up with treatment, but the only thing that could soothe her itching was this shampoo. (she had demodex during summer, poor bugger - she hated to be touched it was so itchy :rofl: )

I still use it on her as her skin is sensitive to pretty much anything (grass, fleas, fertelizer on grass, any type of collar that's not metal or chromed), and she still gets little patches of dry flaky skin on the back of her neck, and irritation on her feet when it's hot (from the grass).

If you already use Epi-Soothe, that is fantastic also, but as the Fidos one works on my girl, I will continue to use it.

Cheers,

Annette & Abby

Edited to clarify

Edited by annette.tas

Would either of these be good to help treat mange on a cat?

edit for spelling :)

Has the cat been diagnosed??

No these products will not treat "mange" they contain no insecticidal ingredients.

There's a stray cat that's decided to live in my garden recently and I think she has really bad fleas because she will scratch like there's no tomorrow, giving herself cuts and hairless patches on her body. Do you think these shampoos would help her itching? I've given her a flea treatment but she hasn't been to the vet.

Sorry for the hijack frufru