What Is Better : Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance , Eagle Pack ,

Hi All

I am looking to buy either Eagle Pack Holistic or Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Organic Formulas Dog Food. In your opinion which is better for a beagle puppy and where can you purchase them in Melbourne ?

I have heard than Hill's Science Diet is full of preservatives and animal by-products and is not good for your dog is this also true ?

Edited by beaglenewb

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember to keep the pup eating what his breeder has had him on for a while. Once he is settled in you can start to slowly change him over to what you want him eating. If you change his food straight off he will have an upset tummy. It's enough of an upheaval just changing homes for a baby. My last pup came to me on Royal Canin. She has been doing very well on it so I've kept her on it.

We have Eagle Pack but I'm not sure it's holistic, I just checked the pack but the word is not there at all. But anyway, we got Eagle Pack from Robbo's Pet Barn past Dandenong a little. Worth the drive, it has lasted for AGES, but then again we only have a little poodle.

Anyway all the best to you and your puppy!

I've used Eagle Pack Holistic and found it to be very good.

I've heard many love Nutro too.

Sorry to hi-jack beaglenewb, but does anyone know if any of the other formula's (other than the organic one) of dick van patten's Natural balance are available in Australia ?

Hills make a wide range of Veterinary diets, they are excellent for the specific problems they are designed for ie kidney, liver etc. Much easier for owners than trying to formulate a diet for animals that require these diets because of serious health issues, for many animals they are life savers.

HOWEVER, I am not a fan of the regular Science Diet products for normal healthy animals. I have used these products over the years, because I need to know about the products that I often need to sell, but I would not use them by choice.

We do not promote these products at work (Vets) for the regular pet owner.

Beaglenewb where abouts in Melbourne are you?

I buy my Eaglepack from Scrub-a-dub dog wash in Ferntree Gully. I know there is also a Pet Supplies (they don't sell puppies) in Croydon that stock it and Pet Stock advertise that they have some of the varieties....there is one in Mitcham and some over the other side of the City. I know for a fact that Scrub-a-dub usually carry all the holistic varieties and will order in anything you want specifically. They are not difficult to find on the Burwood Hwy.

My oldies have been on the Senior Hills and do very well on it...I have another dog on the prescription food for her skin and she looks better than ever, but of course it's what your dog does best on.

Cheers,

Mel.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

The 'best' one is the one that works best for your dog. I've tried a lot of the premium foods and my borders look best on Pro Plan sensitive. I've been alternating with Eagle Pack if I think they need a change. I get my Eagle Pack from Pet Stock in Lilydale. Would like to try Nutro.