What Is Better : Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance , Eagle Pack ,

Hi All

Thanks for all your help ! Fpr all you melbournians out there I have found one store close to the area where you buy your pet food that sells Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Organinc Formula Dog Food instock. It is pricy and it is actually cheaper to buy the large back and get it shipped down from Sydney. I contacted PetStock mitcham and they do not stock Natural Balance just Eagle Pack Hollistic. I'll call the pet places you recommended and see if it is cheaper !

Is eagle pack hollistic good. It is more expensive than Natural Balance.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Natural Balance largest size is 11.3 kg and it retails are the price for a large bag of Eukanuba. The only thing I think is benificial for puppies and is an added benifit is all the ingredients are organic and it contains no corn soy etc.

here is a weblink if you like more info on Natural Balance : http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/dogformulas/Organic.html

Hmmm I'm sorry I don't, it used to be on the Eagle Pack Oz website, but that is obviously down for a re-do.

Australia

Eagle Pack Pet Food Pty Ltd

Tel: 61 39 583 2811

Fax: 61 39 583 3522

e-mail: [email protected]

I know it's North Croydon, but other than that not sure. :hug:

Perhaps shoot off an email to them? I know they are in Vic too.

Mel.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

I buy Dick Van Pattens Natural Balance Organic Formula for my girl and I'm very happy with it. I have never tried any of the other ones mentioned, but when I was looking at which kibble to get her it was between Eagle Pack Holistic and Dick Van Pattens (I ended up choosing this because it was easier for me to find than EP). Goodluck.

The pet place at Croydon North doesn't sell Eagle Pack anymore. The only place I could find it in the Outer Eastern Suburbs was Pet Stock Lilydale. There are a couple of home delivery places too but I like to go into a shop (and spend hours looking, lol).

Nutrience is another food that people seem to like. You can get that a Mega Pet in Ringwood.

If you are looking for holistic type foods then there is also Innova Evo , but some people don't like buying that as it is imported by one of the pet food chains.

ummm or you could use the mix that Browns Herbals, Lilydale do. That is like a porridge.

If only I spent as much time on my diet :hug:

The pet place at Croydon North doesn't sell Eagle Pack anymore. The only place I could find it in the Outer Eastern Suburbs was Pet Stock Lilydale. There are a couple of home delivery places too but I like to go into a shop (and spend hours looking, lol).

Nutrience is another food that people seem to like. You can get that a Mega Pet in Ringwood.

If you are looking for holistic type foods then there is also Innova Evo , but some people don't like buying that as it is imported by one of the pet food chains.

ummm or you could use the mix that Browns Herbals, Lilydale do. That is like a porridge.

If only I spent as much time on my diet :rofl:

Unfortunately no Petstock in my area, maybe will visit the Geelong one next time I go there (I love Geelong). How's the prices like for your food? Nutrience is pretty good, since changing so far 1.5months, no fart small stools, shiny coat and good energy level, can't complain. :hug:

Hi All

K9 Katzs Kitchen has a resonable range of food. The real benifit is the free delivery in the Melbourne Metro Area.

Hi Flycow, I don't know of any shops down there that would stock Eagle Pack or Natural Balance but their is a service by Pookinuk that delivers food and acessories to Gelong and Melbourne. Its $5 flat rate delievery for food and you can add as many acessories as you want. Food you can buy is Hill's Eukanuba etc. Or you can take up their very cheap acessories for a flate rate delivery of $7

Hi All

Ummm...Eastern suburbs... Petstock Mitcham sell Eagle Pack and Eagle Hollistic also Robos Pet Barn. If you want to know Upmarket Pets and a pet shop in Boronia stock Natural Balance.

Hi Beaglenewb,

When finding out, are you asking after Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance, or just "Natural Balance"? These are two totally separate brands is all!

-WithEverythingIAm

Hi WithEverythingIAm

I am asking for the Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance. Thanks for asking I didn't know there was 2 brands !

Hi Flycow

The accessories and food a priced very well except the collars and all that !

The most expensive item I think they stock is the dog kennel. Who would pay that much !!!!!!

Beaglenewb

Seems you are calling around for the best prices, not necessarily the best food which will suit your dog. When choosing a food suggest you have a look at the ingredients list and the guaranteed analysis, and perhaps look at purchasing a small bag to see how your dog does on that product.

We look for no chemical preservatives, no animal by-products, no corn, no artificial flavours for starters.

Unfortuantely with some of the products they may not be as readily available as others and it may involve a courier fee to get it to us. However if we really feel that that particular product suits our dogs then we may have to be prepared to pay that fee.

We feed Nutro to our dogs, and have been for over six years, longer I beleive than many others. We are currently feeding four adults and one puppy and do not consider it to be expensive. We are more than happy with the results, and do not consider Nutro any more expensive than the other SUPER premium foods. The cost however is not as important as the overall health of our dogs, be it shiny coats, less poop, no skin problems.

Also when deciding on a food, do your mathematics. i.e. you need to work out the weight of your dog and the amount of food each "manufacturer" recommends that you feed. Some will give you a $ price per day.

We have in the past tried both Science Diet and Eukanuba and our dogs would not touch the biscuits.

Edited by Hesapandabear

Beaglenewb

Seems you are calling around for the best prices, not necessarily the best food which will suit your dog. When choosing a food suggest you have a look at the ingredients list and the guaranteed analysis, and perhaps look at purchasing a small bag to see how your dog does on that product.

We look for no chemical preservatives, no animal by-products, no corn, no artificial flavours for starters.

Unfortuantely with some of the products they may not be as readily available as others and it may involve a courier fee to get it to us. However if we really feel that that particular product suits our dogs then we may have to be prepared to pay that fee.

We feed Nutro to our dogs, and have been for over six years, longer I beleive than many others. We are currently feeding four adults and one puppy and do not consider it to be expensive. We are more than happy with the results, and do not consider Nutro any more expensive than the other SUPER premium foods. The cost however is not as important as the overall health of our dogs, be it shiny coats, less poop, no skin problems.

Also when deciding on a food, do your mathematics. i.e. you need to work out the weight of your dog and the amount of food each "manufacturer" recommends that you feed. Some will give you a $ price per day.

We have in the past tried both Science Diet and Eukanuba and our dogs would not touch the biscuits.

Hi Hesapandabear

You dogs sure have a good palate of taste :rofl:

I understand that I want the best for my dog to. The only reason I asked is to get a brief price range for healthy dog foods. When I looked at the back of the Hill's Science Diet ingredients chart I was shocked !

Perservatives, animal by products, FILLERS they were all there !

In my area Nutro is hard to find. I have called around. The most common healthy super premium abudant in my area is Eagle Pack and Eagle Pack Hollistic.

Beaglenewb :rofl: