Recalls

Sne

i really should get some vids of my lot.. i love doing the hiding recall,,lol i put remy in down stay,, walk off to a room and then recall.. its funny sometimes he goes to wrong room to look for me..lol im so mean..

loving all these videos guys , keep em coming

Does anyone know how to slow a dog down doing recalls?

my boxer comes in so fast that often he is skidding by the time he gets to me, i usually jump out of the way so he doens't knock me over.

ive tried saying 'slow', telling him to sit before he gets to me and even tried drop mid recall (he isn't trained that well yet) but he doesn't seem to slow down.

one day the ground was wet and if i hadn't opened my legs, he would have crashed into me. as it was he had a very surprised look on his face when he realised that he was behind me lol

any suggestions guys?

thanks in advance

Jenna

I tried that today, and now i must say i've never had such a sore butt before lmao

he came in straight and fast, i said sit when he was about 15 feet away, his bottom sank and then he crashed into me. i'd braced myself just in case, but obviously not enough ! lmao

we're still working on it though.

on another note, same dog, his swelling has gone and the bites are almost impossible to find! hence the training!

I might try the side on, if he see's me move, he'll watch rather than just bolt hopefully. i'll give it a shot today.

update on the bites, a little red dot where he was stung and thats it!!!!! gotta continue with the cream for another 2 days according to my vet, but he's doing really well!

Jenna