leopuppy04

Aussie Pics

31,669 posts in this topic

Nik   

Sad wet puppy prefers being dirty.

Eeeee, so cute! He'll smell horrible now, all clean and sweet instead of muddy and stinky :p

Yes, he much prefers looking like this!

metanebe.jpg

LisaCC   

Nik he is so adorable!

Have you picked your keeper/s yet?

Managed to snap this photo of a strange sleeping position. Taking full advantage of a fallen couch cushion, no matter how tight the fit!

10250151_10152173872520787_1985039823574999652_n.jpg

betsy   

Super cute Nik! Just as well he doesn't mind being dirty with the weather we are having.

kdf   

Somebody had a great time on her walk today! Definitely bath time this afternoon though :laugh: :laugh:

11MONTHS_zps6950e76e.jpg

11months6_zpsdb2b8b06.jpg

I love the way she's growing up :heart: :heart: I can't believe she's almost a year old already! Just hoping ( :pray: :pray: :pray: ) she stays under the 600 measurement for agility :crossfingers:

11months5_zps06ce7028.jpg

LisaCC   

Thanks MDD, sure have had some interesting sleeping positions the last few days!

How old is she now KDF? She looks very tall in that photo!

Love the flying one too laugh.gif

Nova is 1 on the 6th. Really doesn't seem like a year already!

Edited by LisaCC

kdf   

She was born on the 19th. She's a little taller than her mum now.

This is a really bad angle (and a really bad pic :o ) but Ellie the kelpie is only just into the 500 height (really high in the shoulder). Ivy is hovering right around the 500/600 split :grimace: but I'm hoping she'll just sneak under :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: . I'm not uncrossing these until she's measured :laugh:

IMAG3073_1_zps9a5fc8b7.jpg

I LOVE the flying picture haha!! Brilliant!

It rained over night and it's still raining a little bit :D YAYYY (this year on the farm is going well, there's been so much rain since the end of harvest!) and Robo loves it too... Managed to stop him before he got all the way inside and wipe his paws. Crazy puppy. Oh my goodness it's less than a month until he's not a puppy any more crying.gif my baby's growing up!

Kdf, its interesting seeing the size difference between your Aussie and Kelpie. I haven't compared my two like that, but i should try it :)

Koda was VERY intrigued by my six 7 week old chickens that i picked up yesterday :laugh: I only just let him near the chicken shed this afternoon and he was so fixated on them. I'm not gonna leave him alone near the shed until i've properly dog proofed it!! I do not want Koda snacking on some chicken while i'm not looking :eek:

10338787_793706220648821_2640997018187140023_n_zpsbcce13e7.jpg

Edited by maddogdodge

Loving all the pictures :D Nova :rofl:

Well, Quinn has just come into season again. So that's first season at 14 months, second 11 months later at 2 yrs 1 month and now 3rd only 5 months later at just shy of 2 and a half.

I think she's telling me she wants babies. She's always been very maternal and she loves foster puppy and spends lots of time grooming and looking after her :p

I'd better have a talk with her breeder and his mentor about whether they think it's really worth looking at, I don't really want her going through lots of seasons for nothing.

ETA - is this irregularity something I should be concerned about health wise?

Edited by Simply Grand

poocow   

Well, Quinn has just come into season again. So that's first season at 14 months, second 11 months later at 2 yrs 1 month and now 3rd only 5 months later at just shy of 2 and a half.

I think she's telling me she wants babies. She's always been very maternal and she loves foster puppy and spends lots of time grooming and looking after her :p

I'd better have a talk with her breeder and his mentor about whether they think it's really worth looking at, I don't really want her going through lots of seasons for nothing.

Sorry to be harsh but is breeding something you really want to do? Are you an ANKC registered breeder? Has Quinn been fully health tested? Breeding can be tough - especially if theres complications during whelping, problems with pups etc.

Regarding season irregularity - I've not seen any scientific proof its linked to an increase chance of pyo etc. But having just had my aussie bitch go through pyo and be at the vets for close to 2 weeks if you don't have plans to breed or show, just get her desexed.

ETA - perhaps get your breeders mentor to assess your bitch and go from there?

Edited by poocow

Sorry to be harsh but is breeding something you really want to do? Are you an ANKC registered breeder? Has Quinn been fully health tested? Breeding can be tough - especially if theres complications during whelping, problems with pups etc.

Regarding season irregularity - I've not seen any scientific proof its linked to an increase chance of pyo etc. But having just had my aussie bitch go through pyo and be at the vets for close to 2 weeks if you don't have plans to breed or show, just get her desexed.

Oh no poocow, I just didn't go into detail about the situation as it's nowhere near a done deal and has only been a consideration. I got her as a pet, it was only that she turned out to be pick of the litter and they still let me have her that she isn't desexed already.

She would only be bred by her breeder, with the support of the sire's owner (his mentor), I'm not ready to set up as a reg breeder at this stage although I would want to be closely involved. And it would only be with continuing her lines in mind, as she was from the first Ivyblue litter and there aren't like to be many more. And of course it wouldn't be without full health testing.

I'd initially planned to do a lot more with her sports wise when she was younger but life got in the way. As I said, I don't want her having season after season or getting too old before breeding if it were to happen so I'm really just giving myself a kick in the bum to get on with the assessment and decision!

Edited by Simply Grand

poocow   

Fair enough. I would get her assessed by you breeder and his mentor and go from there. Entire bitches can be a pest if you're trying to do dog sports as they always seem to come in season around an important trial lol

Nik   

Puppies start flying the best this week

This girl (yet to be named) is off to a lovely active family with two boys aged 10 and 8

avagube8.jpg

This girl is off to a local family so I get to watch her grow up. She will be doted on by a 12 year old girl, and two boys aged 8 and 6

avate8a2.jpg

LisaCC   

They are so very cute! That second girl sure knows how to pose for photos smile.gif

Nova is 1 today, really can't believe it's been a year!

10330398_10152180047410787_5507581376390857764_n.jpg

I've taken a photo of him every month out the front of his kennel, I don't have time tonight, but I'll put them together and up sometime this week smile.gif

Nik   

Hehe I've just realized I've put up two photos of the same pup!!!

Here is the pup off to live with two boys...

naqe7amu.jpg

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOVA! Time flies doesn't it!! He's so gorgeous, and looks like a really happy dog.

poocow   

Happy Birthday Nova - he looks so similar to his sire Texas!

So you are keeping 2 Nik?

Nik   

I think the term is "running on" (well, that's what we are doing for a bit while I make up my mind and find a potential home for one if it turns out.) Hard when my husband loves one and I'm thinking a different way and wanting another...

Edited by Nik

Law   

Gorgeous Nik :love:

How about another photo of Mr Red? :lollipop:

Happy Birthday Nova!! :birthday:

Edited by Law

LisaCC   

Poocow I really do want to see Texas in the flesh smile.gif

Nik Nova may be so happy looking because of all that destroyed mat stuffing in the background laugh.gif

Very exciting that you are running on two, I guess it will be nice to see how they grow a bit more first.