leopuppy04

Aussie Pics

31,669 posts in this topic

poocow   

I think the term is "running on" (well, that's what we are doing for a bit while I make up my mind and find a potential home for one if it turns out.) Hard when my husband loves one and I'm thinking a different way and wanting another...

My OH would kill me if I contemplated keeping 2. I wasn't even meant to keep 1 laugh.gif

Nik   

Ok, here he is today. I took him to my friends grooming salon for a bit of socialization and they had a play for a bit, then I looked over and someone was fast asleep

2ejydege.jpg

Nik   

I think the term is "running on" (well, that's what we are doing for a bit while I make up my mind and find a potential home for one if it turns out.) Hard when my husband loves one and I'm thinking a different way and wanting another...

My OH would kill me if I contemplated keeping 2. I wasn't even meant to keep 1

Yeah I think I'm nuts too. I'll be seeing how we go with two, but I'm assuming that one will be finding another home- if it turns out as a show dog, it will be to a show home, otherwise I'll find a loving family for a forever home.

Law   

Ok, here he is today. I took him to my friends grooming salon for a bit of socialization and they had a play for a bit, then I looked over and someone was fast asleep

2ejydege.jpg

:love: Too cute!

teekay   

Hehe I've just realized I've put up two photos of the same pup!!!

Here is the pup off to live with two boys...

naqe7amu.jpg

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOVA! Time flies doesn't it!! He's so gorgeous, and looks like a really happy dog.

Ha ha ha Nik, I was going to post that they were so similar looking :laugh: Although they still are :)

The red boy is just such a bundle of cute :love:

A big Happy Birthday for Nova, just love his markings, what a beautiful boy.

Well I've been purchasing some agility equipment for the garden. Nothing fancy and nothing too expensive :) We did make our own weave poles but the long nails I had set in the bottom kept falling out and Luka would knock them over every time he went through so I bought a cheap plastic set. I don't suppose they will last but for $50 I thought they were ok. So far we have a couple of jumps (home made), a tunnel, 6 weave poles and a tyre jump. Luka is struggling with the dog walk, he just keeps slipping his one foot off. I did buy some planks to [practice on, but I don't think they are wide enough. Can someone tell me how wide the raised dog walk is?

Here's a few photos of Luka doing his weaves

14105329536_4a4dbdf713_c.jpgIMG_0144.jpg by teejkay1, on Flickr

14148576643_11c8b22d66_c.jpgIMG_0145.jpg by teejkay1, on Flickr

13941876080_c8c065f435_c.jpgIMG_0146.jpg by teejkay1, on Flickr

Edited by teekay

Great photos Teekay :D I have the same weave poles for Koda, I don't use them heaps, but I've had them for 2 years now and they're still going okay, some poles are a little bit wobbly now, but it still works okay. On that note, Koda isn't that interested in agility so when he's feeling lazy he tends to just walk all over the weave poles and bend them... idiot haha :laugh:

kdf   

Happy birthday Nova! :party:

Great weaving pics Teekay!

Can someone tell me how wide the raised dog walk is?

This is from the ankc site

6.3 Dog Walk

The Dog Walk consists of three (3) connected planks; one plank angled up from the ground to the end of an

elevated horizontal plank and the other angled from the other end, down to the ground and must be a light and

visible colour i.e. white or a pale colour. This obstacle must not have cleats fitted to the planks.

The length of each plank shall be 3500 mm. The width shall be a minimum of 300 mm to a maximum of 330

mm. The horizontal plank is to be set 1200 mm off the ground. From the grounded end of the planks, there will

be a contact area of 1100 mm painted a different colour to the remainder of the obstacle. This contact area is

to be painted on all visible sides.

Hi all,

The other thread in General about coats got me thinking - do you use coats with your Aussies? I always thought they would be fine without a coat as they are working dogs, double coat etc - but it has been getting pretty cold overnight nowadays and I was wondering if putting a coat on just to sleep through the night is a done thing with Aussies? It's so cold the ground is covered in frost in the morning and I always wonder how cold my girl gets - she does sleep inside with me but it still gets pretty cold. Would a light polar fleece type coat be too much?

Would be interesting to hear if people coat Aussies or not. :)

LisaCC   

I have a raincoat for Nova a Weatherbeeta Rainstop. It isn't lined at all, so it's not for warmth, it just keeps the rain off him when we go for walks etc as at these temperatures he would still be damp by bed time and I don't want him to get hot spots.

It does't cover his chest though so I'm looking at getting a different one that does but still isn't insulated.

poocow   

My Aussies always "run hot" even when its cold so I've never had need for coats.

Yep, like others, Koda has never needed a coat. He has never shown any signs of feeling cold, in fact he seems to actually really enjoy the exceptionally cold weather. He walks around in the rain and plays in the wet/frosty grass, crazy dog, haha :)

Nik   

Same here- I've only used a coat for rain protection or in Reuben's case sun protection. My dogs would rather be wet and muddy than wear the raincoat though- I only put it on them when we are working and it's raining; kids don't want to pat a wet dog.

Reuben actually prefers to sleep outdoors in this weather. I have him inside at night though as he and next doors dog like to have a bark-off in the wee hours.

Good to know coats aren't necessary. My girl is recently recovering from an injury and she always curls up into a super tight ball when she sleeps on cold nights so I wondered if she would be feeling the cold. She's a bit naked at the moment too! Hope she grows a bit more coat son.

teekay   

Happy birthday Nova! :party:

Great weaving pics Teekay!

Can someone tell me how wide the raised dog walk is?

This is from the ankc site

6.3 Dog Walk

The Dog Walk consists of three (3) connected planks; one plank angled up from the ground to the end of an

elevated horizontal plank and the other angled from the other end, down to the ground and must be a light and

visible colour i.e. white or a pale colour. This obstacle must not have cleats fitted to the planks.

The length of each plank shall be 3500 mm. The width shall be a minimum of 300 mm to a maximum of 330

mm. The horizontal plank is to be set 1200 mm off the ground. From the grounded end of the planks, there will

be a contact area of 1100 mm painted a different colour to the remainder of the obstacle. This contact area is

to be painted on all visible sides.

Thanks for that kdf, yep the wood I have bought is only 200 so way too narrow. Will have to get some different stuff.

wuffles   

No coats here, I am in Canberra and mine are quite happy running through frosty metre high grass at subzero temperatures...

Nik   

Gorgeous photo!

Just had an update from one of my puppy homes- Sasha went home yesterday afternoon, met her kids at school pick-up and then met their existing dog. Last night she howled for about 20 mins (poor thing) then settled and went to sleep until 4am for a quick toilet break and then went straight back to sleep. She's been her new owners little shadow all day today. Oh, and they sent through this pic of Sasha and Ollie their Labrador

a9e2yna6.jpg

Aww, how cute Nik, Ollie looks like he's taken Sasha under his wing already :) 20 mins of howling on the first night isn't bad, sounds like they did well with waiting her out and she settled down nicely.