leopuppy04

Aussie Pics

31,669 posts in this topic

Hudson was also used for a photoshoot recently by the extremely talented Serena Hodson (<- click for her Facebook) For a new project "Wet Dog, Dry Dog"

He had an awesome time!

11212762_875581365844181_6759517734064436273_n.jpg?oh=3f38af979c57ed0a7f9c0acce90e09ef&oe=56053E3F

And having a bit of fun with his shake on command.. lol

11148359_864086893660295_4517019277935780872_o.jpg

Ohh, I've seen the wet dog dry dog series the did all over the internet. I didn't realise the Aussie is Hudson though! :) He's so handsome!

LisaCC   

Go Hudson!

I've seen that photo shoot too and didn't realise that was him! He's famous biggrin.gif

LP, how did Koda go with his first lot of trials?

Edited by LisaCC

betsy   

Hudson was also used for a photoshoot recently by the extremely talented Serena Hodson (<- click for her Facebook) For a new project "Wet Dog, Dry Dog"

He had an awesome time!

11212762_875581365844181_6759517734064436273_n.jpg?oh=3f38af979c57ed0a7f9c0acce90e09ef&oe=56053E3F

And having a bit of fun with his shake on command.. lol

11148359_864086893660295_4517019277935780872_o.jpg

Adorable!

kdf   

I've got some exciting news .

Ivy now has an Aussie sister.

Her name is Maddie. She's like a tiny whirlwind, into everything and is so much fun. Ivy thinks she's awesome which is great. They're playing really well together already, lots of bitey face and chasey games, Ivy is going to be in trouble when Maddie is big enough to catch up :laugh:

IMAG2299_1_zpsw1uhwjhk.jpg

Ptolomy   

Yes Simply Grand bi colour.

I was asked to help assess the litter having done an Aussie litter before and after testing this little guy - I said I would have him in a heartbeat and look what happened thumbsup1.gif

I can't thank the breeder enough biggrin.gif

Ptolomy   

Ptolomy is that one of Mirri's babies?

Yes it is biggrin.gif

How do you know Mirri?

Edited by Ptolomy

Weasels   

We used to herd together :) With Swing aswell, they are both amazing dogs as you know! if my heart didn't belong to kelpies I'd have been hard pressed not to have asked for a pup too <3 Cozzie is fuzzy wuzzy adorable!

Ptolomy   

We used to herd together :) With Swing aswell, they are both amazing dogs as you know! if my heart didn't belong to kelpies I'd have been hard pressed not to have asked for a pup too <3 Cozzie is fuzzy wuzzy adorable!

Small world eek1.gif

Cozzie is totally gorgeous!! :love:

I witnessed some very slight herding instincts in Koda today! Never seen anything like it from him! 3 of my chooks had jumped the fences into the yard, he wasn't really bothered by them much, but occasionally I saw him moving around them, kind of trying to keep them in a group. I'm just so surprised, i've NEVER seen Koda show any herding instincts!

The last time He was loose with cattle, he tried to hump them :laugh:

Edited by maddogdodge

Hey everyone! Just popping back in, it has been a long while since I have posted. So I can't come back and post without sharing some new photos.

Have not been showing anywhere near as much as usual, but have been doing a lot of agility with ADAA and recently got his 10th clear round card/qualifier. He is only 1 away from his BAAD and AAD now :) He also got his ET last year, has his first JD card and we are working towards being able to compete in RallyO.

Haha Elise you sound like me - once I started on the performance it is so hard to squeeze the shows in. My little Nakkey Butt Lowchen has barely been shown and KK keeps choosing performance over showing too :laugh:

So glad you and Huddy are enjoying the performance rings - it's so much fun and great that he is doing so well for you :D. Kinta is on the final stretch for her Ag CH (ANKC) however she's out for the winter due to an injury so I'm sweating out the 'wait' until we get the all clear to start again :cry:

LP, how did Koda go with his first lot of trials?

Thanks for asking Lisa - though I'm sure you've caught up on FB now! His first agility trial was a hoot - it's faster to run around jumps than actually DO them! Monday's agility trial was heaps better and he actually only copped one refusal (my fault of course!) so I'm really happy with hoe he is going - so happy and confident!! :thumbsup:!

We've also debuted in Rally and Koda gained his Rally Novice title with scores of 95, 85 and 94 and no training. Just love him. I'm hoping with actual training we may actually make an obedience dog out of him as he just has this brilliant heel position too.

We debut in tracking in a few weeks but given I've never done that before, I'm feeling a little less confident about how this will go! :rofl:

I've got some exciting news .

Ivy now has an Aussie sister.

Her name is Maddie. She's like a tiny whirlwind, into everything and is so much fun. Ivy thinks she's awesome which is great. They're playing really well together already, lots of bitey face and chasey games, Ivy is going to be in trouble when Maddie is big enough to catch up :laugh:

Welcome Maddie! She is gorgeous! Is she one of Julie's?

:rofl: :rofl: Sucked in Ptolomy! Swing looks like a delightful dog and I wish I was closer to WA to meet some of these guys! Welcome Cozzie - he looks divine and I may be a little jealous that you have a red bi and I STILL don't have a red in my backyard :laugh:

Welcome to the Aussie community - though you always were an honorary one!

LP, good luck with your tracking debut! We had ours the other day. Quick bit of advice - don't freak out in a trial if you lose the track! My boy has never lost it in training, but of course had a blank moment in our first trial. After trying unsuccessfully for a minute to find it after freaking out, I pretty much just looked up at the judge and said "I don't know what to do now!". With that, she asked me if that was it. Being more familiar with the agility one mistake and you're stuffed policy, I thought we'd already failed, (and thought that she was probably upset that we'd wasted her time!), so she called it off.

We were first up, and then I had to steward for other tracks. Other handlers/dogs lost the track multiple times, but kept trying to find the track, even if they'd been lost for 5 minutes or more. Their ratings went down as a result, but they still found the tracklayer eventually, and passed the track.

I'll remember this for next time - getting lost is okay, and you can still pass - just don't give up! :)

Edited by FalconRange

LisaCC   

Welcome Ptolomy and Cozzie!

Yay more puppies to watch grow!

Yes LP great seeing your progress on Facebook, it's making me really want to start competing already, but we just aren't ready. No point rushing things.

Nova and I have a heeling workshop with Sam Fields this weekend, looking forward to that biggrin.gif

Oooh tracking has always seemed interesting, more things to look at doing...

Nova and I are moving up to Armidale NSW next year for at least 2 years if anyone knows the area at all and has any dog club recommendations we could use. smile.gif