Aussie Pics

Oh look at all these beautiful photos :love:

My non-Aussie also does the crossed paws all the time, got a photo of her doing it in my sig...she's a cutie :love:

Sorry I've been very absent lately...we had a horrible incident with Rusty that has put me off ever owning another Aussie (for now anyway!) and almost had him being rehomed. But all is well now thank goodness, we are just living on a 'crate and rotate' sort of basis between him and Cherry, and I'm getting double the exercise having to do 2 separate walks a day which is a pain, but I can't complain really it's good for me :laugh:

Hershel is looking so grown and gorgeous already, and so is your boy Nik!

E+H, I think I saw that run of Hudson's at the nationals just before I went in the ring with Rusty, was a great run :)

Omg SG that photo :rofl:

E+H what a beautiful spot! Totally random, but do you happen to know where that boxer is from? It's just stunning :love: Of course so is Hudson, he is very handsome :D

So sorry you have had a bad time with Rusty R&B, I have questioned whether I would have another Aussie, given Luka's reactivity, but reading other posts on here and on friend's Fb account I realise they don't have to be like that. I adore everything else about Luka; he is so loving, he is so eager to please, and so quick to pick stuff up. I would consider having another Aussie but I would be going to a very trusted breeder and talking about Luka's issues hopefully the breeder could pick a pup that was right for me.

Totally agree with you Elise, QLD is a fantastic place to be in winter, lovely pics :)

• Replies 31.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blitza

• leopuppy04

• Sayly

• Parkeyre

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree!!!    I suppose I should also introduce MY new addition.... LOL.  I'm a little bit smitten with her - she is totally what I was hoping for!     Meet Tempo!   http

Some recent photos of my gorgeous Koda  He will be turning 7 in May! I've made some changes to his lifestyle over the last year, he's lost a bit of fat, coat is shinier and he's generally fitter. I ju

Posted Images

Thanks teekay :) I agree they are a lovely breed when matched with the right owners, and what I love about Rusty is that he just wants to go and go and go when we're training (Biscuit is more of a "you wanna keep repeating stuff, do it yourself" kinda dog...has a lot of drive like Rusty but doesn't want to, and won't, do more than a few repetitions before I get the one-up :laugh:) so I will always go for a working breed - I just don't know that Aussies have been a right fit for me :( Then again as you say, I probably wasn't matched to the right pup but I was younger and naïve and all I cared about was "I want a red tri boy!" :o

Sorry to hear about that R & B sounds awful :(

On a completely different note...Trixie on my bed right now

E2F31D8B-BC93-4015-AE2C-33B65D378452.jpg

Such a cutie :love:

Edited by Law

Hello Aussie people! :)

Just popping over here to ask a couple Aussie related questions. My boyfriend is interested in owning an Aussie in the future (1.5+ years at least) and wants to eventually try agility too. I was wondering if there are lines to look for that would be more agilie/not-so-heavy/more drivey? Or any performance/agility focused breeders?

Sorry if these are silly questions (or if they make no sense haha) :o I'm not very up to date with the Aussie world.

Hello Aussie people! :)

Just popping over here to ask a couple Aussie related questions. My boyfriend is interested in owning an Aussie in the future (1.5+ years at least) and wants to eventually try agility too. I was wondering if there are lines to look for that would be more agilie/not-so-heavy/more drivey? Or any performance/agility focused breeders?

Sorry if these are silly questions (or if they make no sense haha) :o I'm not very up to date with the Aussie world.

DOLer Leopuppy04 would be worth chatting to. She does showing, obedience and agility. Breeds occasionally. Very reputable and will give you a good idea what you need to look for. Pawsitive Aussie Sheps :)

R&B, I'm really sorry, what ever happened it doesn't sound great. I hope everything works out for you kissbetter.gif

Blitza what a great result with Amber, you must be proud of your old girl!

Nova watching the gardener at the Botanical Gardens today.

10407817_10152375705180787_2235396379953712491_n.jpg?oh=fbba09cfe66468681f324c4873853c6b&oe=546539E4&__gda__=1416484944_a63f1dd25f6501c886b61c8f23e1ccb4

Totally randomly! I just brought up the thread to say it's been quiet but I didn't really have anything to say and literally as I clicked on it what looked to be a red tri Aussie popped up on House Husbands. What a coincidence :laugh:

Totally randomly! I just brought up the thread to say it's been quiet but I didn't really have anything to say and literally as I clicked on it what looked to be a red tri Aussie popped up on House Husbands. What a coincidence :laugh:

When in doubt, post photos laugh.gif

That's Galaxy! He belongs to one of the lecturers from the NDTF course.

Such a sweetie & only just a baby really.

Haven't been on here in a while.

Rusty&Biscuit, I'm so sorry about the problems you've had recently, I totally understand how you're feeling though.

As much as I adore everything about Aussies, Koda's reactivity has slightly put me off getting another one. I love Koda to bits and wouldn't swap him for the world, he is awesome to train and such a loyal and happy companion for me, but a reactive dog is not something i'm keen on having again. Of course, not all Aussies have this tendency, but as others have stated, It seems that you really do have to get exactly the right pup.

I too was young and naive when i bought Koda... all I knew was i wanted a blue merle with a tail. Now I understand the importance of picking a pup based on personality, and I won't be focusing on appearance next time, thats for sure!!

I would be nervous buying another Aussie, but I think my love for the breed will win me over in time :laugh: I'd be putting a heck of a lot of research into finding the perfect breeder and pup for me though! But I think my next dog will be something different, probably either a rescue Kelpie or a Standard Poodle.

I remember seeing that dog on House Husbands a while ago, and yelling out "It's Rusty!" :laugh: As a joke of course, but I knew it was an Aussie straight away and it's the same colour as Rusty :D

Thanks MDD :) I was exactly like you, young and naive, I just wanted a red tri male, didn't even think of temperament! And also like you, I'll be putting in loads of research for my next dog! I originally wanted an ACD, and have done lots of research and chosen a breeder, but now I want to get into schutzhund so have been consider breeds like mals, GSD's, rotties. There's actually a lot of breeds I can't decide between at the moment so hopefully I get lots of experience in the US then I can decide on something when I get back :laugh:

ETA: I hope I don't come across as disliking Rusty, either! I love him to bits. He will be much happier as an only dog, it is just a shame that not everyone is as consistent as I am with training. He needs strict boundaries but I am the only one doing so, which makes things very difficult. I still have fun training him though, he's an awesome learning dog and so much fun to work :) I have been out of obedience with him for a while, doing a CDX trial this Saturday after agility, he has been awesome in training but will have to wait and see how he goes in trial conditions!

Edited by rusty&biscuit

We were going to go to our new dog park today but I was worried about reports of baiting (not at the park but around town in general) so decided to go to a less populated place for some fun. Hit 23C here today so figured it was time to get back to the river.

First throw of the ball we discovered it didn't float :o :o :laugh:

imag2710_zpse71a450a.jpg

DSCF2652_zpsed75b283.jpg

My girls :heart:

ei_zpsaa95ae8d.jpg

Well at least she brought the shoe back :laugh:

DSCF2769_zpseb7d0eac.jpg

And ice cream to finish the day :)

DSCF2771_zpsaa2d0985.jpg

DSCF2775_zps8e1decaa.jpg

Much more fun than the dog park anyway!