Spencer Doing Recall!

westielover

Well done WL. You have put so much work into him... nice harness...I see he is just another excuse to purchase more doggy attire!! hahaha

ETA- how are my boys going??

Edited by gusgem

brilliant work WL. Spencer sure has come a LONG way. I see you have him in a harness too, it makes a difference with the timid ones and I can see it has worked wel for Spencer too.

:rofl: and a big ;) for Spencer and WL

Thanks Freckles :rofl: I find the harness works well with Spencer - he does wear a collar sometimes - but attaching a lead to the collar stresses him out - I haven't done it for a while - so I might try again to see how he reacts now.

Well done WL. You have put so much work into him... nice harness...I see he is just another excuse to purchase more doggy attire!! hahaha

ETA- how are my boys going??

He he .... you know me well Gusgem .... can't stay away from those pet supply stores!! :rofl:

The boys are doing great - Spencer is keeping them young & fit!!! :rofl:

Awww... look at that gorgeous little boy!

He has improved out of sight! Good on you WL for being such a great foster mum! :D

Thanks jbbb :rofl:

ahhhhh very nice WL, scared me when I first watched it though - you sound alot like me :rofl: .

Awww my gawwwd Mrs D ..... maybe we are voice twins :rofl:

Great job with Spencer :rofl:

Is he a soon to be ff :rofl:

Thanks poocow ..... not sure if I am ready to give him up ..... he's been my longest foster and a bit special too :rofl:

Wow he has certainly improved and what a gorgeous boy he has become!!

Is he ready for a new home yet?

He really has blossomed hey! I don't thinks he's quite ready yet .....for more reasons than one!! :rofl:

He is very pretty. What breed(s) is he? Great that he ran past the distractions too.

He's a French Brittany - busted him out of Hawkesbury Pound in Sydney back in August last year. I read here that French Brittany's are a seperate breed to American Brittany's and the American kennel club doesn't allow French Brittany's to be shown because they have dark noses instead of red noses. Anyway - i am not a breeder so I'll stop raving now - but's it very interesting reading about the French Brittany's. They are a gun dog.

I would love to get Spencer into agility. I have just purchased a jump from 'airdogs.com.au' and will start familiarising Spencer with it when it arrives. Hopefully he will take to agility at some point in the future. He would be great at it as he is so fast & agile! :rofl:

Edited by westielover

Great stuff, he has come a long way from the terrified dog in the pound. :cry::eek: Love the way he checked in with your other dog very quickly on the way back.

French/American line Brittanys are the same breed everwhere except for with that 1 organisation, bought about because USA does not allow black in the standard.

Some Brittanys do hate having their collars put on. Bella does so I use a clip collar and always put it on from under her muzzle rather than going over her head. Maybe just put it on for dinner time or something to start with.

Ps - should I be removing the add for a little while?

Edited by helen

Wow, well done WestieLover! I couldnt hear the sound, but get the idea of what was going on :rasberry:. How sweet that one of your other boys 'came' as well.

And here's a dancing banana for a new forum :thumbsup:. Whooohooo!

ps Spencer looks wonderful. How much time do you have before he is officially declared either for adoption or a very lucky FF?? (I strung Blossom out for months - not deliberately - it was just never the right time to put her up on the web site, and in the end I had to face facts that it was never going to be the right time!

ahhhhh very nice WL, scared me when I first watched it though - you sound alot like me :rasberry: .

Awww my gawwwd Mrs D ..... maybe we are voice twins :thumbsup:

I dunno, maybe - all I know is everytime I watch that video (I've watched it about 6 times now) I keep thinking "Gawd, that sounds like me!!!!" :):rofl:

Great stuff, he has come a long way from the terrified dog in the pound. :scold::rofl: Love the way he checked in with your other dog very quickly on the way back.

Some Brittanys do hate having their collars put on. Bella does so I use a clip collar and always put it on from under her muzzle rather than going over her head. Maybe just put it on for dinner time or something to start with.

Ps - should I be removing the add for a little while?

Spencer doesn't mind having a collar on (he's got a nice lupine one with trouts on it :) ) It's when you attach a lead to the collar that he flips out. I reckon I might be able to leave a lead clipped to the collar and let him drag it around for 10 mins a day. I still need to work on his 'rushing at dogs' behaviour! It's only in the last month or so that there has been a HUGE overall improvement.

ps. I reckon you should probably remove the add for a while!! :D Many, many thanks for advertising him on your website Helen. I did get a few enquiries but denied them all!! :rofl:

ps Spencer looks wonderful. How much time do you have before he is officially declared either for adoption or a very lucky FF?? (I strung Blossom out for months - not deliberately - it was just never the right time to put her up on the web site, and in the end I had to face facts that it was never going to be the right time!

I know what you mean BMP ..... the only thing is that if Spencer becomes a FF then no more foster dogs .... hubby won't tolerate any more dogs - although I can continue with westie rescue as they are far & few between .......decisions, decisions :thumbsup:

Perhaps I should adopt the hubby out ...... hmmmm, might pop him up onto petrescue and see what happens!! :p :(

ahhhhh very nice WL, scared me when I first watched it though - you sound alot like me :rofl: .

Awww my gawwwd Mrs D ..... maybe we are voice twins :rofl:

I dunno, maybe - all I know is everytime I watch that video (I've watched it about 6 times now) I keep thinking "Gawd, that sounds like me!!!!" :eek::rofl:

:rofl::rofl: Couldn't stop laughing ..... wonder if we laugh the same too!!! :D

Edited by westielover