Hiccuping Puppy

Danois

Hi

I got my great dane puppy today and it has been non-stop! I am looking forward to the toilet training kicking in!

Anyway - everytime he drinks he gets the hiccups - I have the bowl raised and I am mindful of advice that you should not let them gulp water - but how do you stop this? I only have a little water in the bowl at a time - it is a hot day here in Sydney. They only last a short time. He is 9 weeks old

Help!

Edited by MyCatMilo

Thanks Flying Penguin. I fully expect that I will be overly cautious with pup. He was a replacement one as the one I originally chose died before I got her (cause unknown).

he is currently curled up on the lounge beside me with his head on my thigh. Yes I'm in love!

Thanks Flying Penguin. I fully expect that I will be overly cautious with pup. He was a replacement one as the one I originally chose died before I got her (cause unknown).

he is currently curled up on the lounge beside me with his head on my thigh. Yes I'm in love!

Dont worry I was the same with Sam when I first got her, i was posting questions on here all the time.

We have Scottish Deerhounds, yes pups do hiccup, we never worry about it......

The thing I wanted to say...... you only put a little water in the bowl.

NONE of our dogs like this.... some will not drink unless the bowl is fairly full.

Don't know why.... we jokingly say they like a good slurp, and to spread it round the kitchen........

But it is definitely true, our old girl will not drink unless there is 4 or 5 centimetres of water....

:p :p ;) :laugh: :p :p