Sick Again

Teebs

Just spent the last 2 hours sitting outside with Atlas

The night before last he spewed a pile of crap up, i am actually starting to think someone is throwing rubbish in my yard, there was a pileof plastic and i have no idea where from?

he was ok last night, but this morning found some vomit on the spare bed (bet you are glad you didnt stay the night here now, hey Ruger?) i dont know what dog it belongs to

Tonight he he heaving, but nothing comming out, his tummy is VERY tight, and he is cowered down low - He is also stretching a lot (no idea if that means anything? but something i did notice)

have him crated in my room tonight, vets afterhours number on stand by, if he is still sick tomorrow, we will be off to the vets - Vet always tells me to wait it out, wont be doing that this time - i want something done

I did a bit clean upof the yard a few months back, there is NOTHING he can eat in there, all the toys i check all the time, if they are getting old and falling apart they go in the bin, i have no ideawhat it is

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure he hasnt a blockage I think I mentioned this before my friend couldnt find her bathmat and there it was in one bullterriers guts all tangled, took her because she was sick and had it removed and desexed at the same time.

;) Boxa

I am never take my eyes off him, and nothing is missing - He seems ok today, I am not feeding him today, will just see what happens, any sign of him being sick and i will take him to the vets

Kaos also has another yeast infection :swear: she has stuff all over her girly parts, ARGH

They are on nurto and fresh raw meat (when I remember to get it out of the freezer the night before ;) )

Never had problems with kaos, only this infection - (she did cut her paw open, but nothing health wise)

At is At, he eats everything and has always been like it, no matter what his diet is, his family are all the same.

he seems ok this morning, he just kicked me out of bed to sleep on my pillow - so all is normal... might go curl up in the crate for a few more hours sleep!

Have you tried them on a natural diet? I think you need to try something different, preferably raw bones, with no grains and some added probiotics for your girl with thrush.. have a read here http://www.psoriasi.org/psoriasis/candida.htm

Your boy sounds like he has eaten something that did not agree with him and is probably much better for having removed it from his system.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Toohey

Have you tried them on a natural diet? I think you need to try something different, preferably raw bones, with no grains and some added probiotics for your girl with thrush.. have a read here http://www.psoriasi.org/psoriasis/candida.htm

Your boy sounds like he has eaten something that did not agree with him and is probably much better for having removed it from his system.

Just my thoughts.

nope, wont go into raw/natural diet - I tried it once and hated doing it, the dogs coat went to shit - they are doing GREAT on the food i am feeding them - This is the first time in (almosst) 2 years I have had any medical problems with kaos, so I think that is pretty good :swear:

Toohey, this is ATLAS we're talking about :swear: He's always eating something he shouldn't be :D

And ditto - he is a shocking dog - he finds things that no one else can find and eats them, they have no bedding now (well, they have their beds, but no blankets - Summer now, so ok, have to work something out for when winter comes) due to him eating it (do a search for our last vet trip - he got his blankie stuck coming out of his bottom and i had to take him to the vets, still getting teased about it whenever i am in there!!)

I am 100% sure that this problem is not his diet ;)

TB is there any blood in his urine???

He has similar symptoms to Ollie when he was diagnosed with bladder and kidney stones...

We did not put it together until we noticed blood in his urine (he peed on the concrete one day)...

Ollie would get a sore tummy, and look unwell (hunched and tail tucked) and he would end up vomiting (due to pain)... This happened a few times and even the vet did not know what it was, so he just put him in no food etc until he felt better... They get sick when a stone moves - that is why they are OK most of the time...

Probably would not hurt to rule it out...

I hope he feels better today...Give him a big smooch for me...

Jodie

Friends bully was continually being opened up to remove obstructions, you name it he ate it.

He is now eating a raw meaty bones diet, and seems happy chomping his bones, for him it solved a BIG problem.

He looks really good too!

nope, wont go into raw/natural diet - I tried it once and hated doing it, the dogs coat went to shit

Can you describe the diet you were using?

he is a shocking dog - he finds things that no one else can find and eats them, they have no bedding now (well, they have their beds, but no blankets
What do you give him that he is allowed to chew? Does he get big recreational bones? When my pup was going through her chewy stage I'd give her things like raw carrot, celery and pieces of fruit. Still do.

What about big rawhide chews?

I am 100% sure that this problem is not his diet
Maybe not his, but why has your girl got thrush? Something must be missing, her immune system must not be working at it's best.

Is there any reason you can't change the raw meat to meat on the bone? What is the grain content in Nutro?

TB is there any blood in his urine???

He has similar symptoms to Ollie when he was diagnosed with bladder and kidney stones...

We did not put it together until we noticed blood in his urine (he peed on the concrete one day)...

Ollie would get a sore tummy, and look unwell (hunched and tail tucked) and he would end up vomiting (due to pain)... This happened a few times and even the vet did not know what it was, so he just put him in no food etc until he felt better... They get sick when a stone moves - that is why they are OK most of the time...

Probably would not hurt to rule it out...

I hope he feels better today...Give him a big smooch for me...

Jodie

One thing i havent thought of - Not blood (he peed in the garage yesterday ;) He also pees on the wall out the front when we go for a walk) Might mention it - he is fine today, just stuffed from the heat, as we all are!!

nope, wont go into raw/natural diet - I tried it once and hated doing it, the dogs coat went to shit

Can you describe the diet you were using?

he is a shocking dog - he finds things that no one else can find and eats them, they have no bedding now (well, they have their beds, but no blankets
What do you give him that he is allowed to chew? Does he get big recreational bones? When my pup was going through her chewy stage I'd give her things like raw carrot, celery and pieces of fruit. Still do.

What about big rawhide chews?

I am 100% sure that this problem is not his diet
Maybe not his, but why has your girl got thrush? Something must be missing, her immune system must not be working at it's best.

Is there any reason you can't change the raw meat to meat on the bone? What is the grain content in Nutro?

toohey, cant remember the diet, it was 3 years ago, I wont be going back to doing raw foods, i am happy with what they are fed now :swear:

What do I give him to chew? EVERYTHING, this isnt a dog that has nothing to play with, he has heaps of toys, bones, treatballs, kongs, iceblocks with treats in them, he has stuff toys and things, but they all stay inside for supervised play. He has been going through his chewy stage since he was 8 weeks old (4 this year) I know a LOT of bts who are all like this, no matter what food they are on, how many toys they have and how much exercise they get.

no idea about the grain content, i dont have a packet here (gets tipped into a bin and package is thrown away) (i am sure someone will have some around they can look up if you want?)

He did a yard check and he was in the corner last night when he was sick - There are bits of kaos' pool where he was sick, so he has had a chew on that (bugger if i know when? the pool is kept in the other half of the yard they can not get to unless i am out with them?) so it is that he has eaten :swear:

I dont know why kaos is like she is, we will be heading to the vet this week and have a check up, will chat to him, i love my vet and he knows my dogs inside out, if he thinks it is the food then i will change.

Oh, meat on bone is good for when i am home, At is food aggressive and wont let kaos near him when eating a bone, she also wont eat a bone unless i am sitting out with her (even if At is not in the yard). So it isnt something i can give for dinner every day. I dont have the room, or money to build another run to keep them apart during the day - so i can not give them bones

Edited by Terrorbull

Wow, TB. Can I come and stay at your house? If you treat people half as good as you treat your dogs I'll be in heaven!

No one could acuse you of not looking out for your dogs, that's for sure. ;)

Oh well, guess I am not much help then, but I find it's often helpful to get others to troubleshoot from the outside and see if you can pinpoint anything that might have changed or might be causing a problem, which is why (I gather) you posted.

What do I give him to chew? EVERYTHING, this isnt a dog that has nothing to play with
I was in no way suggesting he may be deprived, but not knowing your dogs and his issues (as others obviously do) it helps to know a little bit more about them before offering suggestions.

I hope you and your vet get to the bottom of it.

Geez i hate it when the forum gremlins eat a carefullly written longish post!

Anyway...shortened version! Rice is the only 'grain' in Nutro - so easily digestable.

TB I know how you feel about raw - had Bronx on it and his condition went to crap no matter what i did - is great now he's on a mix and match. Will never go back to it again either for all that i know a number of dogs doing great on raw.

Re Kaos - was she on antibiotics after her cut foot? or anything such like that? could just be she is a tad out of balance for some reason hence the thrush. Perhaps get her onto some inner balance tabs or something?

Re At...Typical!!! Eat anything...and if it's not food then all the better! Perhaps run it past your vet in regards to a tin food only diet for a couple of days - just to give him a good clean out as much as anything else? Could be a blockage and depending on that he may need x-rays/ultrasound kinda thing. Couldn't remember if i read it already...but has he been poo'ing?