Groomers And The Oddballs

I have a pair of malt x's both boys and the owner gets me to strip everything with a 7f except they have mohawks and goatees and the owner spikes them up (the mohawks of course) once she gets home.

I have also had someone bring me in a golden retriever and tell me to make sure it doesn't come out looking like a poodle, wtf ????

I have also had someone bring me in a golden retriever and tell me to make sure it doesn't come out looking like a poodle, wtf ????

we have sooo many owners asking us not to make their dogs look like a poodle. normally maltese x type things. like wtf.. we can groom other styles thankyou! and we have never done these clients dogs anything like a poodle and they still say it everytime they come in. :rofl:

we have sooo many owners asking us not to make their dogs look like a poodle. normally maltese x type things. like wtf.. we can groom other styles thankyou! and we have never done these clients dogs anything like a poodle and they still say it everytime they come in. :rofl:

I've had people come in with poodles asking me not to make it look like a poodle! uh...what? It IS a poodle. I ask if that means they dont want the face/feet/tail shaved...."on no...we want that" So no topknot then? "oh no....we love that". Sounds like a poodle groom to me!

"Don't make it look like a Poodle" seems to be a standard request, drives me totally nuts, like how could you turn a Shih Tzu or a Cocker into a poodle anyway, do we have magic wands huh!!

Sometimes the requests just simply cannot happen, unless you perm the hair, or use a magic wand.

I don't know why some people buy the breeds they do, it is just plain weird at times.

I clip 2 dogs for a family who always ask if I can make them look like brothers, bit hard since one is a Cav and the other is schnauzer x.

I have a pair of malt x's both boys and the owner gets me to strip everything with a 7f except they have mohawks and goatees and the owner spikes them up (the mohawks of course) once she gets home.

:rofl::cry::( i clip my sam with a moe hawk...just cause i can!!!

strangest request i got asked to make a malt x look like a foxie terrier!?!?!?!?! WTF is wit dat???

I clip 2 dogs for a family who always ask if I can make them look like brothers, bit hard since one is a Cav and the other is schnauzer x.

:cry:

hrm.. I can't recall any stupid requests for stylings, although I'm sure there have been some. But I have gotten a few people asking to keep the hair from their dog when we clip it so they can spin it into jumpers etc. And then there are those clips that I refuse to be involved in with healthy double coated breeds and shaving short haired dogs.

Although I did have a communication error the other day when a owner told another groomer she "loved the face" on a mini poodle, so I left it long (as it was) and styled a teddybear head so it was at least tidy and eyes clear of hair, when she picked it up she asked for it shorter... and then shorter. Turns out when she said she loved her dogs face, she meant the face under all that hair - standard poodle face! :rofl: I told her next time to just ask for a face shaved like a poodle.

Then there was a lady with a cute little shihtzu pup that had a top knot but wanted the hair trimmed on the nose, I was really hesistant to do this because of all the work it takes to train the hair on top knot so I waited until the owner got back so I wouldn't mess it up. Yep, she still wanted the hair scissored all around the nose, so that the dog looked like a puppy again with all those sticky hairs in her face. It looked cute, but did mess up the base of the knot.

Edited by Vehs

i have a goldie i clip a couple of times a year, and they like her tummy to be left and trimmed straight, like a schnauser i guess, but the sides and back short and the tail left and just tidied up. She looked hilarious the first time i saw her (i didnt originally clip her back then, they took her to a salon but now i do it for them the same way) I guess i'm used to her like that now so it doesnt look so strange.

I did see another goldie the other day, i did a triple take as i couldnt believe what i saw.

HE (a very obvious He, from the back if you catch my drift) was shaved very short, probably a #7 - #9, all over, except about 10 cm of the end of his tail, like a lion i guess, tho at the time i thought they must have been going for a poodle pom pom look. It was trimmed around so it was rounded off.

I do not know what they were thinking.

The ones that do it for me are the poodles coming in that don't want to look like poodles! :cry: And the Schnauzers that don't want to look like Schnauzers! They want them to be fluffy and hairy. And the poodles or poodle crosses that don't want the hair to be straight and fluffy but curly. And we have a couple of cockers that don't want to be cockers - again just left hairy.

I recently had a client whose dog had supposedly been given a schnauzer cut.

OMG! The dogs back had been clipped only and its furnishings hacked off and its head looked like a lion :cry: completely uncut.

Needless to say, the client was happy when he walked out looking like a real schnauzer. :happydance2:

Another client used to ask for "eyebrows like pom poms" :(

shmoo you cant forget the maltese that gets the schnauzer clip

is that the white schnauzer x maltese?

I think that it might be possible but i'm pretty sure there is the rare case that a little white fluffy maltese comes in for that cut.

I have an english cocker come in and the owners want it like an american cocker (they bought the wrong breed by mistake - american dog book!!) I am never allowed to trim the feet and they are a solid matted mess.

No one would dare bring me a schnauzer and ask for a different style!!

I'm hopeless at grooming and all mine look stupid after they're done.... but no where near as stupid as our poor Belgian who now looks like a poodle (with straight hair).

The funniest I saw was an OES groomed at the vet... shaved clean except fpr a topknot...