Wet Paw, Wet Floors

Cavman

:) I have three Cavaliers 2 at 8 months and 1 six months.

They are mostly toilet trained except for when it rains.

As soon as there is a shower of rain, they refuse to go outside and get their dainty paws wet. (they have constant access to the outside). As such, we find little puddles and the occasional dump on the floor. :)

What can I do to get them go out in the wet?

Stephen

Edited by Cavman

Back to toilet training 101! Put them on leads and take them outside to the toilet as often as possible ie. every hour :) Lots of praise and treats when they do their business - they can't hold on forever! They will soon realise that wet feet are not too bad but a lot of small breeds hate getting their tootsies wet :) (You will probably curse the wet floors and couch though :laugh:)

Definately, take them back to basics, go out with them to the spot you want them to go, reward when they do.....shouldnt take very long if you're consistant. Place their poop in the area where toileting is ok so they get the hint a bit quicker also.

Not that we get much rain down here but my 8 month old Cavi loves the rain. He will stand out in it, getting all wet and muddy. He does his business under the kids trampoline when it is hot and sunny so I guess he doesn't like it too hot. And he likes to put his feet in his water tub when it is hot.

Sorry can't help you much. :cry: