Good Bye Old Friend, Miss You!

Sezy

I received the phone call that I knew would come soon last night from my mother. Poor Tristan my cocker spanial had collapsed doing what he loved, running around at the Lion's Club paper shed. He was rushed to the vet but sadly died in the car. If he had been eating it would have been the perfect end for my fat dog.

He was my first dog that was mine, my mother spotted him as the dog of the week in the paper. I was told no that I was not aloud to have him. After meeting him and a huge fight with my parents I bought him home anyway. In his 7 years that we have had him he has been the perfect dog, you could not fault him. He was loved by many and will be missed by many. Everyone around town knew him. He loved doing what most cocker spanials do and that is eating, swimming and being with his family. He was scared of my pet rabbit but could not careless about other dogs.

For the dog that I was in huge trouble for bringing home, when it came time for me to leave home my parents would not part with him. With my sisters all moving out over time he has become their child. I have been lucky to get my dog back here and there but it was only ever for a short time.

For a dog that was picked up by a farmer on the side of the road and then left at the pound, he was wonderful.

Twistie dog you will be missed.......

Typical. How could anyone resist those beautiful eyes of a cocker, he obviously won the hearts of your parents.

So sorry to hear of the family's loss.

Run free Tristan, you found heaven on earth with your family, now have fun at the :)

R.I.P. Tristan beautiful boy.

:rofl::o :D

Dear Sezy,

Soooo sorry to read this, you know we understand your pain :)

He was a lucky boy to have been saved by you :laugh: Sounds like he had a great life with you and your family.

Our thought are with you in these hard times. :laugh::laugh:

RIP Tristan :rolleyes:

Thanks Kozpink, So how are you going now?

The tears started on the train this morning on my way to work just thinking about his life. He was one special dog that was for sure.

He loved his family and his family loved him.

Thanks for asking Sezy,

Yes I still miss my darling Roo to much for words to explain :rofl: , I feel my life has changed and will never be the same :rofl:

Still can't look at pictures of her :) All I can do is TRY and make some good out of it by helping out other dogs in need.

Anyway this is not about me, been thinking about you and hoping you are at peace with yourself knowing you gave Tristan a great life, he was very lucky to have a second chance.

Sorry to hear you had a bad morning, I know it can happen anytime. People tell you to think of the happy times, but that just makes you miss them more :eek:

Wish there was something I could say to make you feel better :D

Feeling your pain :D

Pink

Hehe not that Tristan was a fan of other dogs but I am sure that he would not mind sharing his thread with Roo!!

I was talking to Mum last night and was saying that I am suprised that I was not more of a mess but I think that it helps that I know from when we had him that he had a great life, also the last few times that I have been home knowing that he was getting on that I have made sure that I have spent some extra special time with him and taken lots of photo's.

Cally and Carter are loving all the extra cuddles!

• 2 weeks later...