Can Anyone Recommend A Very Talented Dog Groomer In The Hornsby Area?

Stormy

At our local PP they have had in the past month a couple of Chinese Crested (hairless) x Malteses and Cresty X Shih Tzus - which, to varying degrees, looked like crested...... :eek:

Hi Stormy I saw those pups at the PP as well and thought they looked so strange :laugh: You would think they would have trouble selling them as they are not the normal SWF that appeals to most petshop puppy buyers :eek:

Thanks you Peachie and Shmoo for both your wonderful offers :)

Uncle Fester should have a "new" look (notice I didn't say better :rofl: ) look by the end of today, so I hope to have some pics up tomorrow of the New Uncle Fester :(

nellybly10 -

Hi Stormy I saw those pups at the PP as well and thought they looked so strange You would think they would have trouble selling them as they are not the normal SWF that appeals to most petshop puppy buyers

Some of these pups sold really quick at $1200 a pop :D :D but the last ones remaining actually have large bald patches and normal fur..... :D and don't look very attractive at all, even for puppies. I feel so sorry for them :D

[esty X Shih Tzus - which, to varying degrees, looked like crested...... :D

The lady who runs the rescue group that is taking him has Chinese cresteds (Hariless and powder puffs) so I know he'll be going into good hands :)

The mutant above, that has the reindeer ears, is ours (Nemo) :rofl: which is why I figured that Uncle Fester may be able to improve his looks with a better cut.

Hesapandabear - I'll send her a Pm and see what area she covers, Thanks :D

I'm sure this poor boy will be transformed with the clipper run over his body & legs, leaving sock, crest & tail plume....if a really close job is wanted a razor will do the trick after the clippers have gotten rid of the long stuff.. I keep mine neat with a #50 blade. A good soaking & a buff mitt over the skin finished off with some aloe vera or vit.E cream will bring out the best in him. His ears are likely flat as most need a bit of help with some taping to get them up.

Regards Lyn B

Sorry :laugh:, it's taken me a bit longer than i thought to update this thread, but here we go.......

Uncle Fester before........

Fester2.jpg

Fester1.jpg

Fester.jpg

and Uncle Fester after............. :)

Fester.jpg

Fester1.jpg

Now I'm trying to think of a new name for him as he's way too cute for an Uncle Fester :rofl:

Edited by Stormy

Well he certainly is a strange looking character

I would call him Fester, just get rid of the Uncle LOL

Poor baby looks miserable,

Strange looking, yes, miserable, no :) He is such an affectionate boy and is curled up in my lap as I type :laugh: just doesn't like having his photo taken (with or without hair :rofl: )

Edited by Stormy

I thought he spruced up really well :rofl: I didn't even take the paper bag I was planning to when I dropped him off on tpt :rofl:

OMG!!!! WHAT DIDYA DO TO HIM!!!!!!

Poor bugger looks embarrassed!!

Oh I'm getting wheezy from laughing ..... *runs away now*

Well I was contemplating leaving those "Johnny" eyebrows on, but then thought better of it. The girls are convinced that we should shave everything that steps through our door :rofl: and I can tell you the whippys are thanking their lucky stars that they already have an exceptionally short coat :rofl:

oh my! look at him! you left nothing on him!!!

he must feel so weird!

just make sure you put sunscreen on him before he goes outside!

T'was not I (or anyone else here on DOL ;) ). But he now feels so cuddly, so much so that none of us could resist the urge to constantly touch him. Re the sun screen, this boy ain't gonna see the light of day for three days (loooong road trip), and then he will blend in with the pack of mutants already there :)

Can you pick him in a line up............? (I'm thinking I need a bigger lounge)

LoungeLizards.jpg

Edited by Stormy

See, you CAN fit 5 dogs on your lounge - looks like he wants to stay...

Interesting look, i probably wouldnt have done him so short, but then i havent ever met a chinese crested. He looks like a pup, love the freckles.

Could change his name to Uncle Freckles, instead of Uncle Fester.

Or, i know it isnt that original, but how about 'Lucky'

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stormy, I just stumbled upon this thread and have tears running down my face I am laughing so hard - he is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I was wondering what the update is - has he been adopted, how is his coat going and what name did you choose? (sorry if you have already posted it somewhere else!)