Weird New Behaviour

Hmmm once you get him used to this guy and showing good behaviour wont you need to generalise the behaviour and find lots more guys to kiss you too?

Sorry - couldnt resist <VBG>

Joking apart it does sound like it could be an unfortunate one off, but the idea of introducing your guy to him in less "steamy" circumstances sounds like a good one. The trouble is that you really dont want this behaviour repeated as the more often he does it, the harder it will be to break the habit.

I crate him at night, I crate him when he's over excited and doing zoomies in the house and knocking stuff over, I crate him when I want some intimate time with a human being - you know, the usual crating stuff.

He's not crated while I'm out of the house (ie. like when I'm on a date). We had been home maybe 5 minutes and chatting in my hallway before my suitor went in for the kiss. Chomsky had already bounced all over him and given him the Poodle seal of approval, which is why him going ferral really shocked me.

One idea would be to work on desensitising your dog to people making these kinds of movements towards you.

Sounds like fun. You should try this one Nat - hell I'm going to try it myself with the next looker that knocks on my door even if my boy isn't the jealous type :rofl:

Reading the comments made me feel amused, thinking about setting up a training situation as a possible excuse for more "gettin' down".

One of my dogs here will bark if startled by strange shapes/unrecognised persons, it can take you by surprise. I was wondering about her eyesight but it does seem fine. I'll be asking the vet about her eyes next time I take her in, although she shows no signs of any problem, just the startle barking.

Edited by sidoney