Eukanuba Vs Royal Canin

Well can i say im not happy with Eukanuba? or maybe i am wrong? Iv had my mini dashie on royal canain now since day dot! I went into the pet shop of where its only sold at and they tell me they r out of stock it will b 4 weeks b4 i can get more.. anyhow so i got Eukanuba and :) how many shits does he have to do in a day iv had him on it now for a week n no joke but i reckon he is doin 5 shits a day.. Were on royal canin he was only doing 2.. Is this normal? Anyone eles have aprob with Eukanuba? My mum feeds it to her dogs and dont seem to have aprob...

I just wish 4 weeks will hurry up and pass so i get his food

Cheers

Well can i say im not happy with Eukanuba? or maybe i am wrong? Iv had my mini dashie on royal canain now since day dot! I went into the pet shop of where its only sold at and they tell me they r out of stock it will b 4 weeks b4 i can get more.. anyhow so i got Eukanuba and :) how many shits does he have to do in a day iv had him on it now for a week n no joke but i reckon he is doin 5 shits a day.. Were on royal canin he was only doing 2.. Is this normal? Anyone eles have aprob with Eukanuba? My mum feeds it to her dogs and dont seem to have aprob...

Cheers

Do they have NUTRO at the store at all???? WHat about looking online to buy your Royal Canin???

Cheers

Do they have NUTRO at the store at all???? WHat about looking online to buy your Royal Canin???

I feed my daccie Advance - haven't heard too much against it and she only toilets twice a day. Plus also feed her sardines in oil once a week (fish oils for bones etc) and bones a couple of times a week to help keep her teeth clean. As with any new food though I would advise you to introduce it slowly.

Yes i did introduce the new food slowly..He also has 1 chicken neck a day... i was thinkin about buyin online but i have paid for the food already... Nah no where in central Qeensland sell nutro.. Im also been waiting for 4 months for nurto to sent me out a sample packet!!!!

He has done really well on royal canin it just sucks how long it takes to get it.... Plus if i get it offline will cost me an arm n leg for freight...

Anyhow i should have it after easter sometime... I hope

cheers

I have exactly the opposite - my guys do great on eukanuba, but have just bought royal canin and it doesnt seem to agree with them nearly as well.

Problem is, we bought a bag of euk over christmas at a smaller pet supply, and evidently it was off, and now they wont eat it at all. We persisted for a while, with fresh bags, but unless we smothered it in other yummy stuff, they wouldnt touch it.

They were similar with the RC, and we have to wet it with some warm water and mix it a bit to make a kind of gravy on it, they will eat it, but their poos are mushy and sticky - Soft i can handle, but this sticky stuff - i cant pick it up properly when out walking....

Am planning on getting them onto Barf or similar when we move to the country - just dont have the freezer/fridge space currently to do it cost effectively.

Well my dashie's poo's are firm never runny or anything.. on royal canin he does quite well on it... His has one big meal a day n nibbles on his dry food dueing the day...He gets raw meat.. sometimes cooked... fish... yogurt n half ahand full of royal canin even tho he nibbles on it duein the day.. just with the eukanuba he was doing 6 poo's a day the poor lil bugga lol with royal he does 2 firm ones... i think evey dog is diff and some do better then others on diff foods.... I was going to try nutro goin back 5 months ago but till this day im still waiting for sample so i went to royal canin....

• 7 months later...

I have the same situation as you daxhound. My pup is on royal Canin too. On tuesday I ran out of food for my pups. i when to a pet supply in richmond (i am in melbourne) they did not have any royal canin in stock so I had to buy eukanuba instead. One of my pup dislikes it. He does eat but does not enjoy it as royal canin. It takes him more than 15 mins to finish his meal instead of 2 mins with royal canin. I will take eukanuba back to the store on monday to get refund and buy the royal canin. Beside, I realized there is corn as one of the ingredients in eukanuba which will go straight out in the other end. I think Royal canin is the best dry food I have ever tried.

I prefer the Royal Canin as well, and have never had a problem with it, except same as you, getting it seems to be harder and harder!!!!!!

I too am having the same prob here trying to get it ;)

I go away in a few weeks time and i know a pet shop who sells it and always has it in stock so im going to grab a few bags lol :rofl: ;)

Up until about eight plus(?) years ago I used Eukanuba premium for nearly 15 years ..then I went to natural feeding . The 'old' Euk was fantastic and the dogs did really well on it , it also had the most delicious smell when you fed it and when it came out the other end....the dogs poo were small and always firm . Today, with all the different types of Euk you can buy now IMO the food has lost what it had years ago, it stinks of fish and I don't think the nutritional value is as good now as it was years ago.

Recently I have tried the Royal Canin GSD 26 and I have to say I really like the food.......the dogs love it and even though I only feed one cup to each of them daily, I can notice the difference in their coats and condition. They were pretty good on the natural diet I feed but by just adding one cup of RC.....they look even better IMO.

Yay!!!! I went to the pet shop on saturday and got a bag of RC. My Pups get all excited again. I think I might need to go back there to grab couple of bag more.

Talking about poo. My pups were on eukanuba just for few meals but it produced poo stinky as heck. I have never had to cover my nose to clean up the mess when they eat RC.

Edited by no_fear5100

Yeah im going to grab a few bags of RC when i see it again...I found when i had changed his dry food his poo's were yuck also and they were not solid.. And having a long haired dog with long pants runny poo's arent nice when u have to wash it off everytime..... its that or his hair goes in piggy tails lmao

dedogman, we dont feed either Eukanuba or Royal Canin, but if we were to choose between the two it would be R.C., no way would we feed Hills Science Diet. Have a look at the first three ingredients of Hills Active and compare that to say Nutro Natural Choice Adult Performance (which we feed).

Edited by Hesapandabear

dedogman, we dont feed either Eukanuba or Royal Canin, but if we were to choose between the two it would be R.C., no way would we feed Hills Science Diet. Have a look at the first three ingredients of Hills Active and compare that to say Nutro Natural Choice Adult Performance (which we feed).

Wow..You have me a bit scared now! I always try and do the right thing for the dogs......thanks for your help.

My newfoundland (5 months) has been on eukanubah since 8 weeks. i have 3 vets (work has us travelling) and they all recommend euk. my vet in broome was actually relieved to hear he was a 'eukanubah baby' at his first visit. it may be because of the added calcium that is needed for giant breeds such as mine. my breeder also recommended it. i do notice he is more regular, but when he is on something from the supermarket (we live in remote kimberley - euk is not always available), he gets backed up. i'd rather he do 2-3 poos a day than 1 every two days. plus, i only feed him the dry stuff - to go with meat and veg.

i guess it depends on the individual dog though, and what suits them best :laugh:

i guess it depends on the individual dog though, and what suits them best :laugh:

sounds good to me. My boy turned his nose up at Royal Canin half way through his second bag and refused to eat it. The breeder suggested Eukanuba so they have been on that ever since.