Sardines In Vegetable Oil

Mim

I usually give mine the Coles brand of Sardines in Oil but they had none today, obviously because of people like "Tim Fairchild" who buy 20 at a time :thanks:

I bought some mackeral for them today and hoping they like that. I also give them cheapo tuna in oil.

Yeah, sorry. I often don't count and scoop out the entire supply :D

Sometimes I leave a tin or two so it doesn't look so bad :)

I'll try and leave a few more next time :thanks:

Yes we feed sardines in oil twice a week. If I leave off for a few weeks I notice a vast deterioration in thier coats. I've bought the sardines in tomatoe sauce by mistake before - they like them too :)

I usually give mine the Coles brand of Sardines in Oil but they had none today, obviously because of people like "Tim Fairchild" who buy 20 at a time :thanks:

I bought some mackeral for them today and hoping they like that. I also give them cheapo tuna in oil.

Yeah, sorry. I often don't count and scoop out the entire supply :thanks:

Sometimes I leave a tin or two so it doesn't look so bad :)

I'll try and leave a few more next time :thanks:

Why thank you :D

The verdict is in. Mackeral is yummy, well its bleuch actually but they liked it lol.

Well i went to coles tonight and Tim must have been in before i got there!!! None left:cry:

So my poor babies have to wait until they have more in before i can get some. I will go into pakenham tomorrow and try the big coles for some.

I got some tuna in oil, a 450g can for $1.89 which will do the 3 of them, so about the same price maybe a little dearer but i can get a meal for the cats out of it too.

My Rottns get Dines in Vege Oil twice a week and are in great health with very glossy coats :rofl:

nothing wrong with the veggie oil ones - but i tend to be a bit wary of them coz they are usually soy oil (akitas are soy intollerant) if i can only get the oil (i usually get the springwater ones) i pour as much oil off as possible before addng to the bowl :rofl:

Akitaowner, Coles sell a brand called Brunswick Sardines. They are normally about $1 per can, but they have a few varieties and they have one that is sardines in olive oil. Olive oil would be really good for them and gets over the soy issue for your breed :rofl:

I have two shelties and feed them sardines in oil twice a week. It is good to hear that the cheapies work just as well as the John West varieties. I had been feeding mine John West as they have more Omega 3, DHA etc. I am a serial label analyser. I bought Brunswick today as it has 89% sardines where the other brands have around the 70%. I found that the varieties with more oil have more Omega 3s etc. Tuna isn't as oily a fish as sardines and therefore doesn't have as much of a benefit as sardines. Sardines from my label studies have shown to have the most Omega 3s in them.

Regards

BarBell

I feed my kelpie one tin of sardines in oil (homebrand or whatever was cheapest that week) a week. Is this enough to be beneficial to him? I do see a change in his coat (duller) when I don't feed him the sardines for a few weeks. Sometimes I mix an egg in with the sardines, anyone else do this?

We buy then 20 tins at a time at least :eek: Always in oil. The dogs don't like the springwater ones :rofl:

:rofl: Ha Ha :rofl::rofl: Is that the line he feed you/ :rofl: :D :p :rofl:

He emptys the whole shelf into the trolley and when I go mad he puts two tins back and says "Does that make you feel better?"

I feed my kelpie one tin of sardines in oil (homebrand or whatever was cheapest that week) a week. Is this enough to be beneficial to him? I do see a change in his coat (duller) when I don't feed him the sardines for a few weeks. Sometimes I mix an egg in with the sardines, anyone else do this?

I mix egg with yoghurt or milk or both about twice a week. I also feed sardines twice a week.

I have just started to give fish oil capsules daily to my guys and the cat. This was mainly due to the epi dog but I figure it can't hurt the other guys as well. They haven't been on them long enough to notice a huge change but I can certainly see a change already in the cats coat.

We use the home brand in oil ones too. Humphrey loves them. We mix it in with his mince. He doesnt seem to get sardine breath.

Veggie oil is actually good in small amount for dogs. We add a splash to the BARF mix once or twice a week. It seems to make our boxers coat very shinny.

As with everything else its all about moderation. We feed a can or 2 a week of the sardines.

Usually I do a can of the sardines, 1 egg and a splash of apple cider vinegar mixed with some raw meat. Humphrey just scuffs it down.

Edited by arby

ya I used to buy the more expensive brand but we switched to coles brand which is only about 60c a pack and he still loves it, plus his coat has never looked better.

I wipe his face down and give him a doggy breath mint after and that seems to take care of the bad fishy breath problem lol