Australian Made Super Premium

Reddii

Yes I know it is made here and I *think* they might have a Malaysian connection.

It would be good if we could get it and everything I have read about it is positive. It also made the Whole Dog Journal list of "genuine" holisitic food (for want of better description)

I really want the Kangaroo and apple one for the big H

I've emailed them in the past with no success, they are not selling in Australia at present..... crazy though

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now that some royal canine cat food lines from the usa have been recalled http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007...d_recall33.html

it will be interesting to see who are the other two usa companies that used the affected rice protein concentrate and who still have not revealed themselves….So more products will still be announced….

I wouldn't be surprised if the usa congress eventually regulates that pet food manufacturers have to reveal where there ingredients come from, and chinese sourced ingredients come under special scrutiny...

Buying pet food made from australian lamb or beef seems like a lot safer option...

I emailed yesterday asking why it is not available and how can I get hold of it.

Reply this morning:

"Thank you for your email.

We are working to distribute our food in Australia. We will keep you updated."

Wouldn't hurt if others also gave them a nudge so they no they have a ready and waiting market.

Edited by badboyz

Im definately going to give Ziwipeak a go on my little ones. I do take alot of care selecting my dogs dry food, but im not fussed where its from. As long as Im happy with the ingredients, and my dogs do well on it, then its a go from me :rofl:

I have used Ziwipeak jerky treats for the showring for ages, Fish & Venison ones.. And its the ONLY dry treat my dogs take any notice of.

I was using Royal Canin until my dogs got sick of eating it. I have now changed them over to Pro Plan Lamb & Rice (puppy) mixed with Eaglepack holistic Anchovy & Salmon, which they LOVE and they do really well on

The larger fat content will do my Iggies really good, as even though they are a small breed, the amount of energy they burn daily is phenomonal. And they could do with that little bit extra in their diet.

Im really looking forward to trying it :cool:

I've been feeding Kaiser Natural Balance (High Energy) made in Australia. Its quite convenient. I paid $75.00 for a 15Kg bag that was delivered to my front door the day i ordered it. Friendly staff.

The only thing is that it was giving Kaiser the runs. Constant, watery, 'cow pat - like' stuff..... Not fun. He loves eating it. I just didnt want him to get gastro! I put him on a bland chicken, rice and veg diet and it all cleared up. The minute i add in a bit of Natural Balance the sloppy poo starts again :(

So I'm giving him a mix of 1/4 Natural Balance + 3/4 Royal Canin. (Only coz i have a 15kg bag on Natural Balance to get rid of *sigh*) Huge improvement! Nicely formed little stools so far. Not too hard, but not too soft.

- i realise I'm talking a lot about my dog's excreta, but when you've been worried sick about the health of your pup for over 2 weeks, what comes out of your pet's bottom is important!!!! :(

CopRice is a division of the farmer owned company Ricegrowers Limited trading as SunRice. CopRice is a major supplier of stockfeed ingredients, manufactured livestock and companion animal feeds and animal bedding and litter. CopRice utilizes rice milling byproducts from rice mills located in the Murray and Murrumbidgee Valleys. 250,000 tonnes of stockfeed are produced and distributed per annum from our 3 feed mills, which are located at Leeton in NSW, and Tongala and Cobden in Victoria.
- CopRice

there are still two more USA companies that bought some contaminated ingredients, but the FDA is dragging it's feet on releasing their names....

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007...d_recall35.html

it will be interesting to find out why they are witholding the information for so long....

if companies want to cut their costs by buying from china, then problems like these are the end result.....

I must say scary times. I feed Canidae which I have been very happy with . Their website contains a big disclosure saying they are not affected but then so did the likes of Natural Balances website right up to the day the FDA announced the recall. I am very tempted to feed something like Coprice and supplement with BARF, at least then I know 100% they will not be affected by any contamination. I do wonder if you can trust any of the big companies to be totally honest when it will cost the millions of dollars to be

I am told that Eagle Pack is completely unaffected by these problems due to all their ingredients being sourced within the USA (no ingredients imported from China etc). Someone told me that they ingredients are supplied by the Amish community farms, meaning the way they farm is more natural so the products are much higher in quality.

and i think Eagle Pack also use their own machines to process the foods, rather than share as apparently some of the other companies do, so there is no trace elements etc... found.

but i am not totally sure about all this can anyone else confirm?

We feed our dogs Natures gift, they get the semi moist bickies in the morning, and a bit of canned natures gift at night, and they love it :laugh: One dog throws up all the time, but its heaps less since we've been feeding them natures gift, and the other one has beef related food allergies (so I only feed my two the chicken varietys), and her legs have cleared up (she used to have shocking dermititis on her legs, it was so red and sore looking, but now its all gone :rofl: ).

:rofl: Im not a Natures Gift rep, just a happy customer, and Im more then happy to recommend the food since my two are doing so well on it, and cause they have such nice coats, ect. :)

We used to feed them eukanuba and natures gift tinned food, but it got a bit expencive (cost per feed was low, but coming up with the money for a huge bag at one time was a little rough on our budget, so I put the dogs on natures gift bickies, and they love it, and look just as nice on it, and it costs us $6 per 1.5 kilo bag, which lasts us over a fortnight, which is much more managable :rofl: , and the tinned food is around $2 for a 700 gram tin, which lasts my two three days)

I like the fact that they are an australian company (made and owned), and that the food does not have presevatives or colours, and that the ingredieents are human grade, and its first ingredient is always meat :rofl:

Have also been asked the same question about my assoc. with Nutro. 'cause I post a lot about it :thumbsup:

NO I am not a sales rep, YES admit am totally biased but then we have been feeding Nutro for two years prior to its availability in Aussie. We lived in NZ where it was more readily avail, and a lot more of their products there are not avail. here yet.

Don't you sell it anymore? It is still on your webiste, front page.

We also offer a pet sitting service, sell a range of pet products including Nutro Choice Premium Quality Dog & Cat Food at competitive prices