Sign in to follow this  
MonElite

Dobermann Thread

3,182 posts in this topic

MonElite   

Danes have their own, rotties have got one, staffies.

So here, I think dobies deserve one as well.

so to start the simple chit chat.

I went to my ob club today and had a great day training my dog, someones dogs, and than a fab fun with some of my friends from the club as well as DOL.

We had 6 dogs off lead getting along nicely and playing together. 3 of them are of course dobes :mad

I started teaching Divani some obsticles for agility and today it was a sea-saw and she learned to walk on it in about 3-4 goes, very proud Mum here. And she loves the tunnel! (thanks to PAX)

Guest Panterka   
Guest Panterka

About time there was a thread about Dobes :mad I don't own one, but I grew up with one and have great respect and admiration for the breed. Will there be pictures? :mad

Cody   

Oh yeah, can't have a Dobie thread without pics! :mad

Yay for the dobie thread!!1LOL.I had been thinking about starting a dobie photo thread and took some photos today for it so i might start that later.

Glad you had a great day and well done Divani you smart girl!

I have been doing some obedience with Kaden these past couple of days. Hes only just starting because i have been focussing on the showing side of things. I cant believe how smart he is. I never really taught him the word stay but he knows it! And it only took him a couple of corrections to get the hang of heeling, i cant believe it. He has known sit for a little while but he picked that up really quick too.

We are off to the dobe specialty in SA next weekend too so im very excited and have been doing a bit of practice for that(and took some photos) i just cant get the little bugger to lean in to the stack. We'll keep working on it though.

Are you going to the nationals in November, Myszka? I am and just realise he will be nearly 12 months old, thats scary LOL. He is growing so fast!

So here, I think dobies deserve one as well.

Yeah, I think they do :mad

Well I lost my last Dobe last November and I sure do miss em :mad

This Is Zac my first, whom I lost to Cardio in 2004 aged 12yrs

Zac.jpg

And Casi, my girl who had to be PTS due to Kidney Failure 11yrs,

Cassie1.jpg

Looking forward to heaps of pics of these Majestic Guys :mad

Wheee a Dobie thread! I got 4 more weeks to wait before my new baby comes home! :mad

And here was my Grandads dobe... Brutus, who my boys Pedigree Name is going to be named in honou of ^_^

Cody   
This was Tegan (Ch Tornadobe Tina Turner CD) 1985-1996

tegan.JPG

That's such a sweet photo. :mad

MonElite   

Yes Kaffy Im going to the Nationals.

Im hoping Ill be able to enter Divani in the ob trials than, and Im planning on doing the breed survey with her. Mind you the breed survey date is a bit late and we will have to stay fextra two days to do it. We will see..........

There is a whole group of us going, I cant wait, it will be fun.

MonElite   

So someone wanted pics???

OK - here are few from my last trip to visit PAX

I stopped in the state forest on the way back and the dogs discovered a great play field - I was worried that they will injure themselves. the jumped and explored a huge mountain of logs. I watched them and thought they would have no problems with terrain if they were SAR dogs :thumbsup:

8698.jpg

8699.jpg

I think those two should be pulled up and given fines for not wearing the seatbelts

8700.jpg

And last but not least - PAXs Hali and my Divani swimming

8701.jpg

MonElite   

One more pic - completly unrelated, just found it in some old photos.

This is my Rex wishing everyone happy halloween :thumbsup:

happy-halloween-Rex.jpg

yayayayaaa a Dobie thread - that means we can all cross post as we all love the big dogs - even the skinny Rottweilers here :laugh:

Whne we were looking at getting dog number two - the Rottweiler, I asked my hsuaband what breed he would like (he comes from a NON dog family) he pointed at a Dobe and said "THe fat ones of those"

:thumbsup:

Aequus   

Ok here are some more pics!!

Firstly my big boy teaching "this is how we end a game"

post-6985-1178431354_thumb.jpg

Guest Panterka   
Guest Panterka

Meg, what was that pink thing that they've ripped apart? :thumbsup: This thread makes me want to get a dobe... but I know I can't give it the training it would need... damn it!

Aequus   

Panterka,

It was two large balls on a bungy cord - lasted one play session!

This is the look of "Daddys' home"

post-6985-1178441198_thumb.jpg

Ah Grotty, "Fat Dobes" that explains it :thumbsup:

They are all black and tan monsters............... Catch up to the Rotty Thread, only 818 pages to go :laugh:

Guest Panterka   
Guest Panterka

IrishCharm, from my experience, Dobes aren't big on jumping fences and/or escaping. Well, none of the ones I've met were...

Livi   

Picture033_edited.jpg

Please excuse the little ones fringe..she was practising for being a hairdresser when she grows up :thumbsup:

huski   
Danes have their own, rotties have got one, staffies.

:rofl: And the sibes! :laugh::thumbsup:

I love dobies, I would love to have one as my next dog. I am a big softie for your Divani Myszka, I love her colouring, it is stunning :rofl: