Soon To Be New Puppy Owner

Falling_dawn

Hi Falling_dawn. Regarding dry food, my cav, Dublin, is almost 5 years old. His diet has always been primarily dry food (not one from the vet), lots of water, meaty bones and occasional fresh meat. My vet always comments about the great condition his coat is in and he has had no skin probs (yet, anyway).

THANKS For all your comment’s

We are trying to stick to fresh food for one thing I had already made about 4 kg of the stuff and used good human chicken breast mince so it cost a bit and would you believe the little rascal likes the dry food better

The breeder gave us a sample pack of Super coat for emergency’s and travelling and she really likes it and warm weetbix with honey

The breeder told me they are just like kids and would rather have tasty dry food or sweet food and not give in because she will hold out if she thinks she can get better so I think we are going to try a combo dry food for one first meal of the day and the rest fresh

Fingers crossed she will come around and start to eat it

:hug:

Seems like your breeder is a great support to you.

There is a heap of debate regarding fresh vs dry on DOL and it is up to you what you try. IMO fresh and raw is much better than dry however time is a factor for me and as a result i sometimes end up feeding dry. Take the time to read some of the debates etc and decide for yourself. Also don't give in to your pup... if you think that fresh is better and the pup likes dry, don't give in because this could result in a fussy puppy. If the pup doesn't want to eat, take the food away... one missed meal isn't a big deal and she will eat what you put in front of her next time.