Wasp Sting?

I heard a scratch at the door...normally this is Maggie.It was Aggiemy Murray rescue.I thought

she was getting clever.

Almost immediately she was rubbing her muzzle, I thought she had

something in her mouth but it was swelling and FAST. Quickly got

offline rang the vets loaded the pups in the car and I reckon I

covered the 54ks in under 30 minutes....

By time I got to Maryborough Aggie was starting to choke and her head

was enourmous. She was given IV cortisone and IM anti-histamine and

the swelling very slowly abated.

I am not sure what happened, I suspect she was stung by a wasp. She

is still very swollen, I just have to keep her quiet. At the moment she looks more like a King Charles spaniel or Cav that a Murray Curly!sting.jpg

sting3.jpg

AS there is nothing blooming and I have seen no bees I assume it is a wasp sting. At 15 months she is stil a very curious puppy.

I was lucky a vet was available but I worry when the nearest available vet care is generally 40 minutes.

poor little fing !!! i hope she gets better fast....my little Bebete was stung inside her mouth by a Bee when she was rolling around in the grass and the same thing happened to her....she also had to go to the Vet and get an IV antibiotic treatment. Thankfully my flatmate was home and notice that after their walk her face was all swollen and rushed her to the vet. Hope you'r little one gets better really soon. Mine was fine after a day or two but was very tired.....all the best and won't be long before she's back to normal : )

I was lucky a vet was available but I worry when the nearest available vet care is generally 40 minutes.

Wow lucky she got help so quickly, well done!

Speak to your vet about your concerns and see if they can recommend anything you can give at home in the event of it happening again so you can hopefully at least alleviate symptoms while on way to the clinic. I don't mean to scare you but sensitivity usually builds after repeated exposure meaning a next time could be worse...