Murder By Moira Shire Council

bslsux

Such a horrible outcome for Bear, Kooda, Sammi & Nathan, a pox on the council for their handling of this.

Its a shame this information and addresses were not posted earlier when sending letters or email might have made a difference

Such a horrible outcome for Bear, Kooda, Sammi & Nathan, a pox on the council for their handling of this.

Its a shame this information and addresses were not posted earlier when sending letters or email might have made a difference

Yes, it is a pity others haven't got involved.

Yes, it is a pity others haven't got involved.

I certainly hope Victorians remember this come next election and boot that pathetic council out of office!!!

A lot of emails were sent, but nothing helped. Even today, the council were still doing the dirty. They were not meant to be killed until tomorrow, (Friday) and at the last minute the owners were told it was today.

Please still tell them what you think, and also tell the State Government, please.:cry:

A lot of emails were sent, but nothing helped. Even today, the council were still doing the dirty. They were not meant to be killed until tomorrow, (Friday) and at the last minute the owners were told it was today.

Please still tell them what you think, and also tell the State Government, please.:cry:

All I can say is Victorians speak up to your Government don't let them kill anymore dogs, rally use all your resources the government is getting away with murder, only the people can do something about this, I live in NSW thank goodness relief cause I own a Bull Mastiff, if I had of lived in Victoria when the law was passed I would have moved states, when I heard they were bringing these laws in I worried they were going to kill innocent dogs and it is happening.

I have sent a few emails, not sure how much notice they will take from mine as we are in WA (I have been following Bear & Kooda on FB)

Next election is when they need to pay for this and not be re-elected

Its disgusting beyond words what has happened hear and the treatment of both the dogs and Sammi & Nathan - having the date changed with little notice and if the first vet hadnt refused to euthanase them, I am sure Sammi & Nathan wouldnt have had a chance to even say goodbye

I'm just heartbroken after viewing the photos in the second link you've posted (the owners saying their last goodbyes before their dogs were PTS).

In the first photo one of the dogs is wagging his tail so fast it is but a blur. So beautiful and trusting.... :(

This is despicable and misguided legislation at its beauracratic worst. I'm not sure if my email will fall on deaf ears as I'm not a Victorian resident/ voter, but will send it anyway.

RIP Bear and Cooda, and my heartfelt condolences to your owners. :cry:

I'm not saying that Moira council shouldn't be held accountable for their part to play in this, but these dogs would not be dead, and these dog owners would not be grieving, if it were not for state legislation.

Even if BSL had any credibility (which it does not according to a consensus of published scientific literature), this legislation has enabled the forced removal and murder of two animals based solely on the subjective interpretation of a check-list of physical features.

This approach might be appropriate if it were objective, such as the identification of illegal firearms, but dogs are living creatures and thus highly variable in conformation which puts the checklist itself under inexcusable doubt as an instrument to enable the useful enactment of legislation for the purposes to which it was intended.

The owners are very grateful for all the support and help from everyone. Thanks for all the emails and letters, they are much appreciated.

It is just about going to be on 3aw drive show as I speak. Also, channel 9 have taken the story, and will be in the online version of the Herald Sun. More to come hopefully.

Link to 3aw to listen live.

3aw live link to right of page

The owners are very grateful for all the support and help from everyone. Thanks for all the emails and letters, they are much appreciated.

It is just about going to be on 3aw drive show as I speak. Also, channel 9 have taken the story, and will be in the online version of the Herald Sun. More to come hopefully.

Link to 3aw to listen live.

3aw live link to right of page

I hope there is a massive lash back at the government and council from the Victorian people these dogs deserve justice

They certainly do, and the breed laws in Victoria need to be stopped. Not changed, stopped.

I think it is time to really get stuck into lots of letters and campaigns over this legislation. In the coming months the inquest into the death of the little girl who was killed will be on. This I think will bring some very interesting information to light, and may be what is needed to have a more effective law to cut down the incidents of dog attacks.

Breed bans need to be gone, and real effective animal management needs to happen. Hopefully something sensible will happen.