Male Desexing Implant

There is quite an old thread about this and I was wondering if anyone has an update on this implant, also now used for the female dog. Anyone out there noticed a difference in their dogs behavious (aggression) and also have you heard about its long term effects. i.e. does it stop prostate cancer in male dogs and does it prevent female health problems associated with not getting your dog desexed. Have tried to do a google search, but all seem to be old news nothing beyond 2005.

IT might be an old thread, but it's a goodie :laugh:. Actually, there have been some more recent contributions/posts which you might find of interest, Daccies. Not a heap of information on what you ask about, but it does at least venture towards your question here. From memory, there is also a link to the Superloin website which does discuss the fact they are working on a similar implant for females. I couldn't find a lot of info there about it, but perhaps it will lead you in the direction you seek.

If you do find out additional info on it would you mind posting it on the original thread (the link for which I've given above ie "IT") for us to also read? .... It's great to have a thread with compiled information that people can go to without having to search a hundred different threads along the way. Makes it handy. :mad

Edited by Erny