Toilet Training

A friend from work has just gotten a new puppy and she is having some trouble toilet training it. It will wee outside, no accidents of that sort inside, but will come inside to poo. :laugh:

She is getting frustrated and asked for some advice. I got mine two lovelies already trained so I wasn't much help. I suggested a wee mat or something like that, but I really have no idea as I haven't been there. She had no trouble with her other dog.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

A friend from work has just gotten a new puppy and she is having some trouble toilet training it. It will wee outside, no accidents of that sort inside, but will come inside to poo. :laugh:

She is getting frustrated and asked for some advice. I got mine two lovelies already trained so I wasn't much help. I suggested a wee mat or something like that, but I really have no idea as I haven't been there. She had no trouble with her other dog.

I think you will get more help in puppy forum. That's all they talk about there :laugh:

A friend from work has just gotten a new puppy and she is having some trouble toilet training it. It will wee outside, no accidents of that sort inside, but will come inside to poo. :)

Try the training forum, but basically it is the same rule for poo as for urine.

The dog is likely to poo after it has eaten, and when it gets up in the morning. So she will have to take it outside at those times, wait until it goes and praise it like crazy and give it lots of treats. Dogs are pretty good at giving "I'm about to poo" signals, so if she sees that, she should get puppy outside fast. The key thing is to prevent it pooing in the house by watching it, and giving lots of positive reinforcement for going outside the house.