Another Food Question

:laugh: Ok I know we have hashed out the dry food seen and it really been done to death

But I have one last question Regarding EPH chicken meal for small & medium breed puppies & adults

I have been giving this to Lucy who is 15 1/2 weeks she’s not big on it and really does not like it much

She has prob 70% of her food is home made

But I want a dry food to give her as well I noticed that EPH is quite low in protein only 24% while most puppy foods are 34-36%

My question is EPH high enough in protein for such a small puppy or should I get the normal EP puppy food while she is young

Edited by Falling_dawn

EP Holistic Chicken Meal and Rice is suitable for small and medium puppies and small and medium adults so it should be fine. Remember that as a puppy she will be eating twice the amount an adult gets so that's actually more protein per day. I think all the EP foods are on the lower side of protein recommendations but all fall within AAFCO guidelines.

If you are at all concerned email them, they've been very helpful to me with my problems with Leah not coping well with certain foods.

[email protected]

ETA: The EP Small and Medium Puppy Food is only 28%. I think that it's not only how much protein a food contains but what type of protein is in the food. A food with higher protein may in fact not have such a high bioavailability as a fair bit of the protein could be from vegetable sources, so it's all probably much of a muchness.

Edited by bloss344