What To Enter At Bundaberg Adaa Trial?

My wife and I are entering our first ADAA trial at Bundaberg on New Year's Eve. We have never been to an ADAA trial before and are not sure what we should enter. I am finding the rule book a bit difficult to understand when it comes to what we are eligable to enter. To complicate things there are 2 rings being run and I have to find out if that is going to restrict what we enter.

Both our dogs are registered on the IP register. Tracey's dog has it's JD and AD titles with CCCQ and mine has it's JD.

We would like to do as many runs as is practicle on the weekend.

hello there

well congratualtions on entering your first ADAA trial, you will have lots of fun... New years has been a blast for the past couple years... :rofl:

Ok for the rundown on the events... since this is your first ADAA trial you get to start back in beginners so you are eligble to enter all starters/elementary/intermediate and OPEN A events...

only dogs with their AAD or higher can enter Open B Events and only dogs that have got their SAAD or higher can enter Advanced Events..

so the events you would be eligible to enter are as follows

Ring 1 Sunday

Judge N Kirkwood

Combined Starters Jumping Test

Intermediate Jumping Test

Judge C Fishbourne

Open A Jumping Test

Judge N Kirkwood

Open A Individual Game Jumpers Without Weave( a great game)

Ring 2 Sunday

Judge W Stutz

Open A Individual Gamblers

Open A Agility Test

Intermediate Agility Test

Combined Starters Agility Test

Ring 1 Monday

Judge C Fishbourne

Intermediate Jumping Test

Elementary Jumping Test

Open A individual Game Helter Skelter

Ring 2 Monday

Judge Jody Brown

Open A Agility Test

Combined Starters Agility Test

Open A Game - Boxed Pairs

so all of the above events in the corresponding height class of course...

the boxed pairs is a team event needing two dogs, if you need a partner let me know and i will see what i can organise, what heights are your dogs...

are you camping as well, and i highly recommend ordering the food they are great cooks

see you there :)

Edited by bordacollies4me

Thanks for the reply. I will go through it a bit later.

Is there any problem being entered in both rings at the same time?

We have heard plenty of good reports about this event and are certainly looking forward to it. We will probably be camping to make the most of the atmosphere.

no problem being entered in both rings, they usually try and make sure your runs will not clash, but if it does happen it does not matter, we all usually work around it by either allowing someone to slot in or run a bit further down the order...

What heights are your dogs????, are you guys from Gladstone by any chance????

no problem being entered in both rings, they usually try and make sure your runs will not clash, but if it does happen it does not matter, we all usually work around it by either allowing someone to slot in or run a bit further down the order...

Thanks.

What heights are your dogs????, are you guys from Gladstone by any chance????

The dogs are 360 and 500mm. I will have to remeasure Mysta to make sure he is enterred in the correct class when he gets measured down there.

Yes, we are from Gladstone.

hey thats cool, with a bit of luck Mysta will measure just under 500 which will put him in the midi class, if he is just over like two of my BC's then he will be in MAxi class... I will be starting my youngest girl at the trial and she will probably be a maxi also...

So have you thought about the pairs event, would you like a partner for Mysta, i would be more than happy to use one of mine...in the pairs events maxi dogs get to jump at Midi height

You may not remember me i used to be at Turkey Beach came along to your club a few years back with my young pup and older dog - Buddy

Buddy now has his SAAD title and is well on his way for his MAAD, needs a snooker for his Games(AAGD) title and 2 passes for his team(AATD) title... if we can acheive all this he will then be a AAC(Aust Agility Champion)

If you think Mysta will measure over 500 it is probably better to enter him in Maxi class....