Dog Aggression Sorted Out

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to hearing the updates.

My three have 'issues' that I havent yet been able to train properly - barking at anyone who walks down the street, and going off their nuts barking, lunging - even growling sometimes - when we see a dog while out walking. It is so embarassing that they dont get walked as much any more. Oh and recall - that is not great either. They are all good on their own, and fine at the dog club, but get them together in the home and its surrounds and they turn into a three-headed beastie.

So I'm really really looking forward to hear about this method :whip:

So far have worked out how to fit the collar and their working level - very low!

Now I have to read the manual and work out my training program - being the spreadsheet queen, I can feel another spreadsheet coming on ;)

Meanwhile, I am waiting for the rain to stop for half an hour so I can do some doggy stuff. We're all stuck inside at the moment :o

BP

• 3 weeks later...

OK, dragging this one from the deep dark depths for an update.

We've incorporated place training with the girls which is a massive help when having all the dogs together. It helps them to settle & relax in each other's company when they have a place to go, on their mats.

Norman now has an e collar, and we've got his recall & sit happening (in a couple of 5-10 minute sessions).

Here's a pic taken tonight of the 2 girls on their mats and Norman beside me, after being called and told sit. Basic maybe, but I stress, this dog had absolutely no recall whatsoever before he got his collar. And before place training, the girls wouldn't sit/drop/stay. Now they don't budge - a couple of times I've released 1 girl and put her inside, wandered off and left the other on her mat, come back 10 minutes later and she's still there :(

Just basic obedience it may be, but not even 3 months ago I had 3 JRT's literally running rings around me. Now look at em :(

post-6518-1201008366_thumb.jpg

Well done. I love all the dogs on their mat. Bit different to how you described it before.

I better go and purchase some mats myself. Bella and Bruno are missing out.

Really? :( How did I describe it?! LOL!

I already had these, they fit in the airline crates.

• 3 weeks later...
M: OK here goes... this is NOT perfect, I've picked it to pieces myself!!

K9: yeah terrible isnt it? Going from beating hell out of each other to off leash obedience in a matter of weeks.. Dont know how you can live with only those results... :happydance2::happydance2:

Well done CB :happydance2:

Thanks RottyLover01 :happydance2:

M: OK here goes... this is NOT perfect, I've picked it to pieces myself!!

K9: yeah terrible isnt it? Going from beating hell out of each other to off leash obedience in a matter of weeks.. Dont know how you can live with only those results... :happydance::cheer:

Well done CB :happydance2:

:cheer::party: well when you put it like that... thanks :happydance2:

Merriment

At our wits end and not knowing what else to do,

Denis

You've done really great and its good to see knowledge of e-collars spreading in Aus and around the world :shrug: .

No question about in my mind, increasing global e-collar training & anti bark collar knowledge and growth of use has probably saved more owners from a life of misery, more dogs from PTS or rescue over this past year than any other training aid in the history of dogs.

Your vid and your description of life before the e-collar shows just how an extreme low quality of life situation to many millions dog owners can recover the the quality of life of the dog and how its human family can be pulled out of an abyss of perpetual stress, anxiety, depression, family friction and general all round daily misery to a relaxed and calm existance, ensuring the dogs safe and secure futor in a lifelong home with a loveing family.

You've done great and thanks for letting people know, also the use of vids is growing, it would be great if an others would do a befor during and after vid sequence, the vids say it all really and I started some short edu bits this year. Below is the working levels of two dogs, the ideal protocols are an environment with the least distractions as possible, I am in London and dont follow that protocol, its unrealisitc.

Video's

E-Collar working level respones of a JR to a strange stimuli (e-stim).

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...735919357023488

E-Collar working level respones of a Lab to a strange stimuli (e-stim)

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...526843747129672

Human experience

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...717455275500510

Edited by Denis Carthy

You've done great and thanks for letting people know, also the use of vids is growing, it would be great if an others would do a befor during and after vid sequence, the vids say it all really and I started some short edu bits this year. Below is the working levels of two dogs, the ideal protocols are an environment with the least distractions as possible, I am in London and dont follow that protocol, its unrealisitc.

Thanks Denis for your kind words.

Unfortunately no I don't have "before" videos. I can tell you though, when they were snarling and carrying on trying to rip sh!t out of each other, going to get the video camera wasn't really at the forefront of my mind!!! :bottom:

Hey Denis ..... good vids to show people that when we use the e-collar in training, it is not about "shock" or extreme levels of correction as many of those who are opposed to this form of training/training equipment often hypothesise in their arguments.

Edited by Erny