Fly Bites On Staffy Pup Ears

otiboy

Our 8 month old English Staffy pup, Jazz, is getting bitten by flies on her ears. We have been using BUZZ OFF which seems to work. Is there any other solution? and is this a common thing with English Staffies?.

Cheers Rob

I'm not sure if it's common with Staffies but my Dogue de bordeaux had the same problem. I used Filta-bac, a sunfilter and antibacterial cream on his ears which cleared the bites up in a few days and a fly repelent to keep them away.

Nicole

Our 8 month old English Staffy pup, Jazz, is getting bitten by flies on her ears. We have been using BUZZ OFF which seems to work. Is there any other solution? and is this a common thing with English Staffies?.

Cheers Rob

Thanks

Hi years ago when we had our rottweilers we used a purple spray for horses and it helped but then it was discontinued.

We used to also coat area in Vaseline so they could not bite.

But the best thing we ever did was buy a bug zapper and used to have it on 24/7 and no more bites don't know if coincidence but no more bites ever again :rofl:

This worked for years until they both passed away (pts) due to very aggressive bone cancer :eek::confused:

Our Akita's do not have this fly problem thank goodness !

Malisa

my shar pei has the same problem and i use troy fly repella as well. It works a treat. I put troy on her ears every morning before work and spray her with troy repel-x. Seems to last until i get home. She hasn't had her ears attacked for a while now. The flies are really bad here at the moment