Photoshop Question

Kodiak

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds complicated... If I have a negative that I can scan and a photo I'd like to add the negative to... can this be done in photoshop?

Actually asking for a friend because I know there are some awesome photoshoppers on here. :confused:

Hm *scratches head* I need more information.

Is the negative the same as the photo, or is it a different picture?

How do you want them set together? Do you want the negative in the corner, or do you want it overlayed (over the top of the picture and a little translucent so you can see both pictures)?

After some more info, I will happily steer you in the right direction.

• 1 month later...

Sorry blackwolf - I stopped checking for answers after a week.

Basically the negative is old - this person would like to put their relative into a family photo so they have a photo and an unrelated negative if that makes sense. The idea is to "put" the relative into the photo like they were already there.

Sorry blackwolf - I stopped checking for answers after a week.

Basically the negative is old - this person would like to put their relative into a family photo so they have a photo and an unrelated negative if that makes sense. The idea is to "put" the relative into the photo like they were already there.

If it's going to be from the negative, then it won't look like the relative will be in the picture. The person who wants this done would have to get a digital copy of the negative so it's a photograph and then it would be a simple matter of just cut, paste and a little erasing.

I'm still not really sure what they are wanting to do, but if they want the negative to be merged with another picture and for it to look realistic both will need to be the same media. There isn't much you can do with a negative if you toss it into photoshop.

So you have a digital image (colour etc taken by a digital camera) - correct?

And then there is a second image taken on film so its a negative - also correct?

OK basially you need to get the negative scanned (Im assuming its a 35mm and n colour) OR get a print done from teh neg and scan the print at hi res on a flat bed scanner.

The you just combine the two images in photoshop or similar program (you cut and size the extra person (neg photo image) and drop them in teh main image.

It can work if its a group type shot and you are just putting them in but because all hotos are likely to have slightly different lighting and shadows if you are trying to put a full person and plonk them in with say 2 others it may look a bit odd.