Starting A New Lure Coursing Club

We are looking for people interested in helping start a new Lure Coursing Club in the Sth Burnett area (SE QLD). The club will be associated with the QLCA and we plan to run monthly races once the club is up and running.

Lure Coursing is open to ALL DOGS - papered and unpapered purebreds and cross breds. It is a fun activity for all - dog and owners!

If you are interested in participating and helping get a new club up and running please contact me by PM.

As soon as we have sufficient interest we will arrange a fun day when people from QLCA can come up with equipment and show us all how it works and what needs to be done to get the ball rolling,

SO IF YOU LIVE WITHIN THE STH BURNETT REGION, SUNSHINE COAST / GYMPIE AREAS AND ARE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER ACTIVITY TO DO WITH YOUR DOGS THEN CONSIDER LURE COURSING AND HELP US GET A NEW CLUB UP AND RUNNING

Thanks

Kerry McNamara

Chamshep Wolfonyx

Home of 8 Lure Coursing Field Champions!

• 1 month later...
We are looking for people interested in helping start a new Lure Coursing Club in the Sth Burnett area (SE QLD). The club will be associated with the QLCA and we plan to run monthly races once the club is up and running.

Lure Coursing is open to ALL DOGS - papered and unpapered purebreds and cross breds. It is a fun activity for all - dog and owners!

If you are interested in participating and helping get a new club up and running please contact me by PM.

As soon as we have sufficient interest we will arrange a fun day when people from QLCA can come up with equipment and show us all how it works and what needs to be done to get the ball rolling,

SO IF YOU LIVE WITHIN THE STH BURNETT REGION, SUNSHINE COAST / GYMPIE AREAS AND ARE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER ACTIVITY TO DO WITH YOUR DOGS THEN CONSIDER LURE COURSING AND HELP US GET A NEW CLUB UP AND RUNNING

Thanks

Kerry McNamara

Chamshep Wolfonyx

Home of 8 Lure Coursing Field Champions!

Edited by Physadeia

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this thread because I know a few people have enquired about lure coursing in the past.

Kerry, do you have any fliers done up that you can email so that the word can be spread? I work in the dog related field in the Gympie area and am always looking for dog activities to share info on.

I also know a couple of breeders in the area that travel to Brisbane when they can to lure course who would probably be more regular attendees to a 'closer to home' event.

Sorry guys!! Have been really busy and haven't checked back on the thread.

Haven't had much response with people wanting to help get things rolling, few interested in coming along when it is going......

I was thinking of trying to get the use of the Goomeri showgrounds. Thought that would be central for Gympie/Sunshine Coast people and Sth Burnett people.

If I can get some serious people wanting to help start a club we will work on getting a funday organised.

Cheers

Kerry :eek:

I would like to help you get the club up and rolling, but have no experience or knowledge of how to get something like this off the ground. I also have a job with bizarre hours, so that probably doesn't help either. Perhaps when you get enough people interested you can call a meeting and we can discuss what needs to be done. Maybe someone from the QLCA could attend and give us some advice.

Allan Maguire.